Boating around Raleigh

Notices

Boating around Raleigh

Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating around Raleigh

Im new to the area. Where is there good boating in the Raleigh NC area? Thanks in Advance
Old 02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Raleigh, pretty new here myself, but I lived in Wilmington my whole life and keep my boat there. I recommend putting your boat on a slip or storage down in Wilmington, it's only 2 hours away. Otherwise, there are some lakes in the area that might fit a ski-boat. Mine is a bit too big, but I may bring it up here from time to time.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Anchorman
Im new to the area. Where is there good boating in the Raleigh NC area? Thanks in Advance
Hook that rig up and pull it east carteret county has some of the best boating in NC. Theres the (ICW) intercostal water way, you can open your ride up as fast as you want. Theres a lot of cool hang outs, places to stop and eat on the water and good people, there is only about a hand full of go fast style boats here but just enuff to have fun lol.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a buddy in Raleigh with a 24 Donzi. He runs his at the lake up there some but since he hit a rock there he doesn't like to run it there anymore. He brings his boat 2 hrs away to the Roanoke and Cashie River and runs with a big group of us.