Distance to Red Eyes >

Distance to Red Eyes

Notices

Distance to Red Eyes

Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

84 Scarab, did you make the run to Red Eyes and if so, what did you think? I've made that run from Pasadena many of times in my old 23ft Crownline. You just have to take it easy and keep an eye on the winds while you are there. There were a few times where we left earlier then planned from Red Eyes as the winds started picking up and I did not want to get stuck in a washing machine on the way home.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

No I actually ended up selling the Scarab and bought another boat, so now I'm starting from scratch getting a reliable boat that I trust before I make that trip.....
Old 08-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Gold Member

Probably a smart move. I don't care what anyone says the chesapeake bay can be unpredictably nasty. By the way when you get there and realize that its not all its cracked up to be you would have bin even more unhappy!!!! Imo
Old 08-08-2013, 06:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by sonickevin95
Probably a smart move. I don't care what anyone says the chesapeake bay can be unpredictably nasty. By the way when you get there and realize that its not all its cracked up to be you would have bin even more unhappy!!!! Imo
Aint that the truth, if you like hanging around douches in ed hardy or affliction shirts this is the place. Just go south of redeyes and the better places are there, starting at big owl, just about any of the places after that have better food and people.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Aint that the truth, if you like hanging around douches in ed hardy or affliction shirts this is the place. Just go south of redeyes and the better places are there, starting at big owl, just about any of the places after that have better food and people.
So true!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sonickevin95
I have to agree. The place is not what it use to be. Seems like there are a lot of fights and theft issues there now. It's a shame as it use to be a nice place to go to. We've been hitting the Jetty recently, which is just around the corner from Red Eyes. How's the Big Owl Tiki Bar? Been by it many of times, but never stopped in. Looks like a nice place, but small. Anyone been to Bridge's? Looks like a really nice place to go to for dinner.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
scarab
Gold Member

red eyes is not doing the bikini contest any more after this year because of all the fights they are doing the finals and thats it
Old 08-13-2013, 05:38 AM
Gold Member

I personally like jellyfish joels because not only is it family friendly but you can also swim. The last 4 or 5 times I went to red eye I felt like there dock hands were rude, there service sucked, plus a cover charge for boaters? It turns out to be the worst 3-400$ you will ever spend. Then if you wanna watch 100-200 meat heads suck each other off then go to red eye!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered

I had a dock boy run across my deck with black sole shoes on to try to get a aft cabin coming in tied up at redeye. I almost gave him a push. Havnt been back since. The pier sucks there too in my opinion. We like Fishermans and Watermans better.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

We spent 4th of July weekend down there @ the Hilton, Bridges restaurant is excellent + Jetty's is fun too. Red eyes used to be the bomb I guess management has let it go