Boating on lake Norman NC >

Boating on lake Norman NC

Notices

Boating on lake Norman NC

Old 11-23-2013, 05:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating on lake Norman NC

Looking to Maybe relocate to NC wondering what boating is like there I hear Lake Norman is a nice area I boat in the 1000 Islands up state NY now which I love very much you can spend the whole day boating and not go to same place twice no speed limit on the open water cops are cool people great . I am thinking about taking a trip down in May with my boat and family to check it out any input would be appreciated thanks for your help
Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered

I had the pleasure of living on Lake Norman for approximately 9 years and loved it. Large lake with a lot of fun bars and restaurants on the water. I would definitely live there again if life pulled me that way. There are a lot of go fast boats on the lake with high $$$ NASCAR boys and their toys. Younger 25-50 yr old crowd... that love to party. The "sand bar" is an awesome party ace to raft up. Also the nuke dam at the south end of the lake has a hot water discharge that feels like a sauna, although you may start glowing green if you hang too long (kidding).

The farther north up the lake the cheaper to live. Troutman, Mooresville, Cornelius as well as Huntersville in that order from low to high.

Look up the following...

Rusty Rudder, Midtown Sundries, Blue Parrot, Queens Landing

WWW.lknfun.com
Old 11-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Registered

Thank you hows the weather in May thinking about going down for a week with the boat and family
Old 11-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Registered

Its good... we were boating by April, although the water is still nipply until June.

Be careful going down later in May. What I call "The Circus" (NASCAR races) is in town for the All Star race and the Coke 600 over Memorial Day. Unless that's why you're going down? Everything is booked up and the prices on everything are hugely inflated for those two weeks.

We boated from April through October. The lake has never frozen over although I did see one time ice formed in our cove one winter.