Baltimore Convention Center Boat Show >

Baltimore Convention Center Boat Show

Notices

Baltimore Convention Center Boat Show

Old 01-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Baltimore Convention Center Boat Show

Any body local making it this year? I plan on going just to smell the new boat smell. I know they don't have really any higher performance models. But I can close my eyes and pretend it's a OL!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same for atlantic city.. Figured I will drink a few beers and wait for May.. Hit the Pratt Street Ale House..
Old 01-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

If you go to the show take your pistol it's getting bad up town anymore.They would have to pay me to go,Lived in MD all my life and have never seen it as bad as it is up town and I'm 66.So be safe and watch your back. JOHN SR
Old 01-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
If you go to the show take your pistol it's getting bad up town anymore.They would have to pay me to go,Lived in MD all my life and have never seen it as bad as it is up town and I'm 66.So be safe and watch your back. JOHN SR
Yes sir, I'm 29 and in the HVAC service field. I am all over Baltimore city and Washington DC night and day, but yes you are right. The city has changed greatly in matters that it shine's people away. The new fad with randomly punching people in the face is the newest trend. Why people do this is beyond me. But when I close my eyes sitting In those brand new seats it's a few minutes of dreaming of summer. We are looking to relocate to Charleston South Carolina in years to come. But going with dad and my brother hopefully see a few familiar faces. Heading there tonight.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

I'll begin by staying on subject....no, not going to the Baltimore show! Headed to Miami for a real boat show.

Last Friday I had a meeting in downtown Baltimore in the heart of little Italy. (Typically a decent part of town especially in the day light hours). I had my F-250 as my commuter car was in the shop for the day. I go in for my lunch meeting come out and there's a cop at my truck. He says, " is this your truck?"...sure is, why? I proceed to walk to my drivers side where my window, all in one piece is on the ground. Apparently some ghetto hood rat saw my laptop bag on the floor, ON MY DRIVERS SIDE...and decided he thought he should have it. Someone saw him do it so he ran without taking a damn thing. Had to drive 65 miles with no window in 25 degree weather.

Long story short...stay out of Baltimore! DC's not nearly as bad.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

All the normal stuff to see , including the Geico race boat .Alamar's had large Merc outboard display . CMS had a performance motor rigged and on a stand . I parked in the lot near the stadium , lots of security and a shuttle service to the front door .
Old 01-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

Thunder struck....I totally agree. Working in Baltimore I see a lot of things that I shouldn't and used to collect bullet casings on the roofs of buildings I work on. Really sucks about the truck. I would love to hit Miami but with the wife in school full time it's hard.. How ever this year I was actually impressed with the Ravens themed boat that was the giveaway. It was a old school stinger. Had a forum family member on here that used to have one. The boat show many years ago is much different then what it is today. But I was able to talk to some friends that I don't see all the time.