Visitng the Chesapeake >

Visitng the Chesapeake

Notices

Visitng the Chesapeake

Old 08-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visitng the Chesapeake

Going to be in Ocean City MD. next week for a week and am planning on heading over to the Chesapeake Bay for a day or two. Where would be the best place to launch a 25ft boat in the Chesapeake and have quick access to the bay? Cambridge, Oxford area seems like it would be ideal being it is only 1-1.5 hrs from OC.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 494 Likes on 230 Posts

There is a public launch ramp in Cambridge. Nice ramp. You will have to run out of the Choptank River about 3-4 miles before you get into the actual Bay. Keep an eye out on water reports as that area of the bay can get very rough. Stay safe and enjoy.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

If you put in at Cambridge, check this place out. http://www.loweswharf.com/
Old 08-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey
There is a public launch ramp in Cambridge. Nice ramp. You will have to run out of the Choptank River about 3-4 miles before you get into the actual Bay. Keep an eye out on water reports as that area of the bay can get very rough. Stay safe and enjoy.
Thank you, I plan to deffinatly use that ramp.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered

Looking foward to my first time out there. I plan to check out Solomon island. Any other good spots to check out? May also spend a night. Any good towns with good marinas to stay over in?
Old 08-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 494 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Satisfaction
Looking foward to my first time out there. I plan to check out Solomon island. Any other good spots to check out? May also spend a night. Any good towns with good marinas to stay over in?
St. Michaels is really nice. Always cool to spend an evening at Kent Narrows....night life is fun. Of course Annapolis....The great thing about the Chesapeake is...you can never lose.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Registered

There is a nice ramp right under the route 50 bridge at Kent Narrows. But I am not sure if they do daily launchs. I have a annual permit. I am not a big fan but there is the Red Eye in the narrows along with Fishermans just south of the Narrows bridge. Fantastic crab melt. Watermans in Rock Hall just north of the narrows is a regular for me. JellyFish Joels in Fairlee creek is always active. All of those places are right off of the main portion of the bay.