Notices

Chesapeake Bay

Old 08-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.facebook.com/events/738951719581072/

Originally Posted by myfirsttwins
What poker run is this weekend? I might be able to talk a buddy into joining me in my boat. Wife will have to watch the kids since our built in babysitters (i.e. parents) are away this weekend. We may also be out the 13th, have to see what the weather looks like and what the schedule looks like, but I think right now its free that weekend.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Off topic, and a long shot at best...BUT is anyone familiar with this 33ZX 496ho MD Registration? It came from Maryland, went to NY, and my friend is looking at buying it and bringing it back to MD later this week. Just wondering if anyone knows this boat or has any info on it?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...NCdEN6MkNzYmpv
Old 08-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a great poker run, sadly my boat isn't big enough to run in those waters. We tend to stay at the north end of the bay, middle river is as far down as we have gone. Looking forward to joining a run or two though. Never had a change to participate in the past, but have seen a lot in the bay area!
Old 08-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Registered

If you come to Middle River - red eyes is only 20 more minutes...
Old 08-04-2016, 07:13 AM
Registered

Hmm, interesting. I've heard that anything south of Middle river should really be in a 35' or more if you don't want to get beat to death or can't wait for that "perfect day" weather wise. Something to consider for sure, looks like a good event!
Old 08-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by myfirsttwins
Hmm, interesting. I've heard that anything south of Middle river should really be in a 35' or more if you don't want to get beat to death or can't wait for that "perfect day" weather wise. Something to consider for sure, looks like a good event!
I run our from the South river in a 31' and its fine. Anything over 30' is just my opinion. South of the bay bridge the chop changes sometimes right at the bridge. I never really understood it, but its how it is. I've been out in some pretty nasty stuff. I try to avoid the real bad days, but sometimes it hits and you don't know its coming. I know a couple occasions that were supposed to be no more than 2' chop, but coming back weather changed and it was a lot more.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Going to try and get out this weekend.....
Old 08-08-2016, 06:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
Going to try and get out this weekend.....
Are you hitting the poker run leaving out of the Goose on the 27th?
Old 08-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les
I run our from the South river in a 31' and its fine. Anything over 30' is just my opinion. South of the bay bridge the chop changes sometimes right at the bridge. I never really understood it, but its how it is. I've been out in some pretty nasty stuff. I try to avoid the real bad days, but sometimes it hits and you don't know its coming. I know a couple occasions that were supposed to be no more than 2' chop, but coming back weather changed and it was a lot more.

My 25.5 IMP did well leaving from Joppa to C&D and out towards Red eye. But it definitely had gained some flyer miles! Lol
Old 08-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mummaiv
Are you hitting the poker run leaving out of the Goose on the 27th?
I'll be there in the morning just to watch them leave and get a few nice shots. Since mine is out this season. I just go for the sounds and the smells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.