merc alignment tools? >

merc alignment tools?

Notices

merc alignment tools?

Old 08-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyain
nah, I've been working my ass off at work to the point that I finally had to tell them I'm just done, I can't do anymore (that's a whole other story in itself with my new ******* boss)

Plus the other night we looked at it and the original plans for putting the motor back in aren't gonna work so trying to find an alternative. I worked for Cummins when I pulled it so it was easy to use the shop crane on the weekend. I don't have those luxuries now
Same here on the work detail. I'm heading out now on a sunday to check on one of my customers facilities. I'm HVAC our work never dies down. I was asked to work this weekend but declined. Any how. Check with Tony (Anthony) at CMS in Bowleys Quarters. He may let you use his and throw him some $$. It would make it easier and have help there if you needed it. I used my brothers truck. Who has a crane attached to his truck. Hopefully if I can build my big garage it will have a A-frame I beam setup just for this process. Which i hope to not have to use that often!
Old 08-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Same here on the work detail. I'm heading out now on a sunday to check on one of my customers facilities. I'm HVAC our work never dies down. I was asked to work this weekend but declined. Any how. Check with Tony (Anthony) at CMS in Bowleys Quarters. He may let you use his and throw him some $$. It would make it easier and have help there if you needed it. I used my brothers truck. Who has a crane attached to his truck. Hopefully if I can build my big garage it will have a A-frame I beam setup just for this process. Which i hope to not have to use that often!
yea... sadly I'm not even sure if I'm gonna get the boat in the water this year. I got pretty much this week to try and get it done, the following week I'm in VA beach, come back for 1 day then leave for GA sunday through friday, then back for saturday and sunday i head back to VA Beach. I tracked down ways to get it in but the time to do it is gonna be the hard part. That plus I still need to either get new tails made or find the time to make them myself as I can't run wet exhaust with the new setup.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 70 Posts

Just an FYI, I have a shop and forklift with swivel attachment we can use on Kent Island. I also have a Merc alignment tool. You would have to drag her down here but we could get her in pretty easy on a weeknight or weekend. Let me know.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Registered

It's finally making some noise at least

http://vid770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/Dread240/IMG_1335_zpskv4ybkz7.mp4
Old 09-07-2016, 04:58 AM
Registered

Sounds Good! So how late did you fire that up last night! Haha. I'll be doing the same here shortly! Just need to finish assembling my top end
Old 09-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Sounds Good! So how late did you fire that up last night! Haha. I'll be doing the same here shortly! Just need to finish assembling my top end
LOL, that was 8:30 at night and I already got the neighbors saying they're trying to put kids to bed

I think tonight pretty much shot it being on the water this year though. I don't have my dry tails made up yet as I wanted to get measurements with the motor in the boat. Right now they're just on with bolts, no gaskets, and I'm spraying water out the gasket while running (just some spit) so either the manifold is leaking or it's reverting that bad down into the manifold. I knew I needed to go dry exhaust but thought maybe if i bumped the idle up a bit I could run it with these a few times, and that's a no dice moment. Cam just too aggressive for moisture.

Gonna get some caps tomorrow to pressure test those manifolds. They were supposed to be super low hours take off that I bought on here but who knows. One of the bolts is stripped so it needs an insert at the least. I wish I could afford headers right now but even a cheap used pair isn't really an option since I'll need custom tails regardless. Didn't realize checkmates didn't use the stock bravo exhaust location
Old 09-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Registered

http://vid770.photobucket.com/albums...pspmaahnd7.mp4

Been tracking down a miss the past few days. Didn't realize it going into it but after replacing all the ignition components (wanted to anyways) and upgrading to a new 1050 carb (wanted to anyways) and it STILL had a terrible miss, I stumbled upon the fact that my new cam changed my firing order. Original firing order was 18436572 and my new camshaft changed that to 18726543. Flipped the plug wires around and woosh, big ole backfire through the intake. Rotated the carb 180 after seeing that and man this thing wants to flip over on the little engine stand now.

I'm now officially ready to put this thing in the boat and get it up and going.... naturally the day before I leave for 2 weeks for work
Old 09-15-2016, 06:57 AM
Registered

Sounds about right! Work is overrated anyway!