Hampton/ Newport News VA >

Hampton/ Newport News VA

Notices

Hampton/ Newport News VA

Old 03-14-2017, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hampton/ Newport News VA

Anyone from Hampton/ Virginia Beach? My friend is buying a house on a canal in Hampton, VA & I planned to drag the Cigarette down to check the area out. Any good boating destinations around Virginia beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Newport News area that are worth checking out?
Old 03-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

There is definitely a few of us but it isn't a huge go-fast area. Nevertheless there's a few destinations worth heading too. I'll let the south side guys chime in - for the lynhaven, back bay stuff that I am not familiar with. Shoot me a PM when you're coming and maybe we could at least get two cigs together for a lunch run to eastern shore or something......

Eric
Old 03-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheSpeed
Anyone from Hampton/ Virginia Beach? My friend is buying a house on a canal in Hampton, VA & I planned to drag the Cigarette down to check the area out. Any good boating destinations around Virginia beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Newport News area that are worth checking out?

From this area, definitely some good boating. Run towards Virginia Beach, run up towards Williamsburg up to the Chickahominy River (Rivers Rest Marina) or Richmond, Virgina Beach( Lynnhaven Inlet), Can run the ocean out to Ruddee inlet (good restaurants there). Last year I did Hampton to Currituck, NC (Coinjock Marina) up the intercoastal waterway, that was a good run but have to go through the locks. Can also go from Hampton to around Smithfield, Va to a place called Smithfield Station. Norfolk will be a good place to go once Waterside live is done, there is also a restaurant at Tidewater Yacht(not a far run from Hampton).

Just some ideas although there are lots more.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like a couple have said already, lots of good places to boat. There is still a pretty good size group of offshore boats, but we are spread out. Also check out Lynnhaven inlet....lots or seaside bistros. Also when it gets warmer, another nice run is to the eastern shore to an area we call the tiki bar. Let us know when the calendar dates you will be down and we will try to keep you busy.....
Old 03-24-2017, 06:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollowpoint
Also when it gets warmer, another nice run is to the eastern shore to an area we call the tiki bar.
Where exactly is that tiki bar? I've heard of it and wondered how far it is from the mouth of the Potomac.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Where exactly is that tiki bar? I've heard of it and wondered how far it is from the mouth of the Potomac.
http://www.sunsetbeachva.com/amenities/dining-options
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.7...0!3e0?hl=en-US
Old 04-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Bringing this back up..

There's a fairly new place in Hampton at Fort Monroe.... Paradise Ocean Club. Looks to be a pretty cool place, and closer than going to the Eastern Shore for the Tiki Bar/Sunset Beach. Boat accessible

https://www.paradiseoceanclub.com/

Something to check out!