Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Lake Norman & Charlotte In General ?? >

Lake Norman & Charlotte In General ??

Notices

Lake Norman & Charlotte In General ??

Old 12-03-2016, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts
Exclamation Lake Norman & Charlotte In General ??

I have been afforded a job opportunity in Charlotte and am welcoming it with open arms as it will get me out of the hell hole we call our nations capital. I know absolutely nothing about the area aside from it being substantially more affordable than where we are now, and it's growing like a weed. Our house is going on the market February 1 and I'm confident it will sell quickly, what I don't know is where to look in North Carolina? I would like to be close to lake Norman or lake Wylie, good schools are a must, a community with plenty of kids and 30 something's, within 30 minutes of downtown Charlotte, and 500k or less. I know boatfreaks is the place to ask all things lake Norman and I registered tonight, just figured I'd ask here too. Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

We LOVE it down there. Good luck with the move.
TJ, who owns/runs Boatfreaks, is now a realtor down there.
"Charmed1" aka Audra here on OSO is also a realtor down there.

Either of them can help you find the right spot for you. I can see myself down that way someday as well.

Lake Wylie is a little more expensive to get waterfront since it's smaller.
Lake Norman has some really ritzy areas, and some other areas which are still a bit cheaper.

https://www.facebook.com/Boatrepairs...dmarinecustom/ is the go-to for all things High Performance in the area. Bob and (son) Chad Shutter have taken care of many, many people in this community, myself included.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived on Lake Murray in SC for over 25 years, Charlotte is a great area and you are close to Charleston,Lake Murray, Lake Hartwell and Lake Lanier!

Last edited by Brad; 12-04-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
I have been afforded a job opportunity in Charlotte and am welcoming it with open arms as it will get me out of the hell hole we call our nations capital. I know absolutely nothing about the area aside from it being substantially more affordable than where we are now, and it's growing like a weed. Our house is going on the market February 1 and I'm confident it will sell quickly, what I don't know is where to look in North Carolina? I would like to be close to lake Norman or lake Wylie, good schools are a must, a community with plenty of kids and 30 something's, within 30 minutes of downtown Charlotte, and 500k or less. I know boatfreaks is the place to ask all things lake Norman and I registered tonight, just figured I'd ask here too. Thanks for any advice.
Hi, I am new to OffShoreOnly too. I live on Lake Norman, I boat here year round, and I am an active Realtor. Oh, I also used to live in Alexandria, then Woodbridge, and moved back to N.C. 11 years ago. If you haven't gotten any help yet, I'd be glad to answer anything I can.
Eric