Notices

Boat Check 2003

Old 05-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boat Check 2003

Hey. Its never too late to see how many of us are ready for 2003.
(or in my case a bit late.......aka the St.Johns river folks already got their act together)

Kaamacat - PreSeason prep included new batteries, h2o/fuel filters, oil/filter, fresh fuel, and rebuild of the outer set of steering rams. (amazing the difference in the old rubber seals vs new gorloc material). Although I did find upper P/S bolt busted so gotta tap that one out this weekend........but, she fired up real nice. Two weeks for me.

Bob
Old 05-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Cool

Hey Bob!
I've been ready for about a month now. Had Marine Max do all the annual stuff for me, and I had her out a few weeks ago. She ran great w/the new prop! The cruiser had annual service done @ the same time. But it has a bilge heater, so it doesn't need winterization. Looks like you should be ready for the Hartwell trip! Hope to see ya soon!
Tom
Old 05-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Registered

RW. Same here. (I though I'd be out this weekend, but like I said the loose P/S belt was a bit more than just an adjustment)... And I hate doing the drill/reverse-out deal.....50/50 chance it works.

Was out on Lanier last weekend with a friend......lots of boats....the darn lake is so high, there is almost no ramp left.

Hey.........were is your Warlock twin Mr.Ron...........?

Bob
Old 05-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Registered

Talking

I think that coming in second in Daytona has made him a little cocky. (just kidding Ron ). I'm sure with work, prepping the boat, and procuring sponsors our good friend is probably stretched pretty thin right about now... How does it feel to run on a FULL lake for a change?
Old 05-09-2003, 08:05 AM
Registered

RW........I completely lost track of that. (didnt know he was officially racing this year). Gonna have to attend some of the closer events then and support our "brother".

Bob
Old 05-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I didn't have to do any prep. Just bought a whole new boat instead. No more Fountain, 29' was just too small.

I just closed my deal on a 38' TOP GUN. Don't think I will name it CASH BAR this time. I'll keep you all posted on the name. Boat is white with Purple, Fuscia, and blue graphics.

Greg
Old 05-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Talking Congrats!!!

Now THAT'S a step up in the right direction!!! Ya need to post some pics Greg, I'd love to see it!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Registered

Greg.......Did you get it from Bill. Something made me think he was also gonna try to carry them also....... (and now thats one amazing machine).........

When do you expect to get it?

Bob
Old 05-10-2003, 05:04 AM
Warlock 27

Originally posted by kaamacat
RW........I completely lost track of that. (didnt know he was officially racing this year). Gonna have to attend some of the closer events then and support our "brother".

Bob
Would love to have you guys attend anytime..just let me know..heading for Marathon this coming week.......RW is pretty close.....been busy with work..we are also exploring some property at Lake Martin...was there yesterday looking at some lots......lake is full just like here......just more laid back.....if you do Hartwell in June we will try to make it....I have to spend the last week of June in Chicago for a work related convention...may run the Great Lakes the 27th of June since I will be up there..

Old 05-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I did get the Cig from Bill. It came from Randy Garciga of Cobra Motor fame. It was Randy's boat. Bill and him are putting together some package boats, and Bill mentioned I was looking for a nice Cig. One thing led to another and I took a sea trial last Sunday. I'm goin' down Wed. to pick it up. I'll post lots of pics after that.

See you on Lanier, Greg

Quick Reply: Boat Check 2003

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.