Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Midnight Express
Why did the best thread in this forum vanish? >

Why did the best thread in this forum vanish?

Notices

Why did the best thread in this forum vanish?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why did the best thread in this forum vanish?

What gives?
Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2??
Old 06-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be back soon!!

She is running, undergoing testing and is very scary..... especially when she starts to dance....I will post running shots and some old ones.

Last edited by Enforcer2; 06-19-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

Scary bad or scary "I will never, ever, NEVER sell this boat!" good? Sounds like congratulations might be in order.

On a side note, I never knew you could make a whole thread appear/disappear/reappear.

Look forward to seeng the 2nd act.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Registered

A fun scary......still tweaking props and set up. Acceleration is awesome. A lot lighter than my old midnight so handeling is totally different and a lot more unforgiving with trim settings. Feels like a Steve Stepp Velocity when you start trimming her out.

2 center engines just finished break in hours.

For now 5000 RPM 72 mph on GPS with 4 adults and 200 gallons of fuel both flat water and offshore with moderate trim. 4900 70 mph more tame handeling less trim.

I have almost another 1000 rpm to find. Need to try different style of props before I start labbing and changing prop pitch.

Also have some HP to gain in different ECUs .......about 50 more hp.

Hoping to reach 80 or better.

MAde this thread dissapear on accident , I was removing some picts and deleted thread...oh well keeps the mystique of thr Midnight alive.

AND..... many many thanks to all the guys that have helped me with the set up....especially one of the best riggers known to quad and exotic setups with the fastest production South Florida quad boats known....muchas gracias senor "P"

And everything is always for sale......for the right price.

Last edited by Enforcer2; 06-29-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:06 AM
Registered

Thanks for the congrats and keeping up with the posts.

And DAMDONZI how do you like your Intrepid...which model is it.

This may be the next boat if I decide to sell.......or wife makes me!..which willl most likely be the case.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Thanks for the congrats and keeping up with the posts.

And DAMDONZI how do you like your Intrepid...which model is it.

This may be the next boat if I decide to sell.......or wife makes me!..which willl most likely be the case.
Love it. Very different from anything that I have ever owned in that it is a stern lifting design. It just pops up on top of everything and when it does get rough (have not really been out in anything bigger than 4-6) it is a very soft, dry ride. Not up top jumping from wave to wave, so again, different.

It fits our family (3 & 5 year old boys) right now because it is basically like an SUV on the water. Very well built and the way I am treated from the factory is if I bought the bought brand new. Intrepid has customer service down to a science.

The funny part is, I was joining the Midnight club. The guy went to the Bahamas for 3 weeks so I had to wait to sea trial the boat, and he fell in love with it again. Repowered from triples to twins and decided to keep the boat. The Intrepid was choice #2. So at least I know where my NEXT boat is in a few years....
Old 07-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by damdonzi
Love it. Very different from anything that I have ever owned in that it is a stern lifting design. It just pops up on top of everything and when it does get rough (have not really been out in anything bigger than 4-6) it is a very soft, dry ride. Not up top jumping from wave to wave, so again, different.

It fits our family (3 & 5 year old boys) right now because it is basically like an SUV on the water. Very well built and the way I am treated from the factory is if I bought the bought brand new. Intrepid has customer service down to a science.

The funny part is, I was joining the Midnight club. The guy went to the Bahamas for 3 weeks so I had to wait to sea trial the boat, and he fell in love with it again. Repowered from triples to twins and decided to keep the boat. The Intrepid was choice #2. So at least I know where my NEXT boat is in a few years....

Sounds like me I have 6, 8 and 11 year old so I need the seating as well...I have some decisions to make but for now Ill just have fun