Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Midnight Express
32' Midnight restoration project >

32' Midnight restoration project

Notices

32' Midnight restoration project

Old 07-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Looks awesome Craig! 56 w/twin clip on's in a 32' boat is amazing!
Can't wait to see and run with it in person.
Love the classic offshore lines.
Gary
Old 07-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks awesome and nice #s to boot. 56mph with 500hp? Any idea what the hull weighs?

Thanks - Marshall
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM
That looks awesome and nice #s to boot. 56mph with 500hp? Any idea what the hull weighs?

Thanks - Marshall
56 mph with 400hp. I am hoping to have third engine on it within 2 weeks. I was told that the hull alone with power is about 3000 lb's but I havent had it weighed yet. I am going to weigh it once all the power is on to know what I have.

Craig
Old 07-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

I found another old picture of the boat before restoration with outboards.
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

I just done installing center engine & test running on the hose, everything seems to be right. sea trial tomorrow with pictures.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by captaincraiger
I just done installing center engine & test running on the hose, everything seems to be right. sea trial tomorrow with pictures.
Nice...
Old 08-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

I put the boat in the water yesterday for sea trial. I ran the boat , it popped right up on plane but the center engine went right to overheating. I am going to have to put a lower water pickup on it or miracle plates. It is always something with testing & tuning.
Attached Thumbnails 32' Midnight restoration project-dscf5926.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered

The boat is sitting about 5 inches lower in the rear with the 3rd engine installed. There is no fuel in the bow tank right now. Once I get the overheating problem fixxed, I will put some fuel in the bow tank to see how she floats. The project is moving along just fine with just a few minor setbacks. I will get more pictures of sea trial soon.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails 32' Midnight restoration project-dscf5668.jpg   32' Midnight restoration project-dscf5925.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by captaincraiger
The boat is sitting about 5 inches lower in the rear with the 3rd engine installed. There is no fuel in the bow tank right now. Once I get the overheating problem fixxed, I will put some fuel in the bow tank to see how she floats. The project is moving along just fine with just a few minor setbacks. I will get more pictures of sea trial soon.

Craig
looks good.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CanDo
Just lower your center motor down to the level of the outside two engines. Then also add an L-shaped transom mounted water director plate. The miracle plates,(Merc gearcase water intake plates) I would only use as a last resort. Should be good to go. Of course, you know the real solution to your water-pressure woes. Cresents gearcases. Then they can all go up a bit, and still have plenty of pressure. But, you know that...lol. You got your lefty in the center?
The engines are all the way down to lowest mounting point. The counter unit is mounted on the stbd side. I have the engines turning inward. I knew when center engine was mounted that I might have cooling problems. I have a bolt on low water pickup that I got from Scott Portta many years ago & I am going to try that first before going to try miracle plates. I am just not sure if the low water pickup will stay on at high speeds. I tried calling Scott last year to see if I could get some more but they discontinued making them, not sure what the problem was but they had a great idea. I am off to Bimini for the weekend so I will be back testing & tuning next week, I will keep you posted & I will take a picture of the bolt on low water pickup.

Craig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.