Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Midnight Express
32' Midnight restoration project >

32' Midnight restoration project

Notices

32' Midnight restoration project

Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a picture of the low water pickup that I am going to install on the center lower unit. I hope it works to fix the overheat problem. Will keep you updated next week with next sea trial.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails 32' Midnight restoration project-dscf5927.jpg   32' Midnight restoration project-dscf5928.jpg  
Old 08-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

Awesome stuff Craig! Can't wait to see it in person.
A cooling trick I use on O/B's jacked to the moon is to plug the top 1/2 of the water intakes. This keeps the pump from cavitating and forces it to pull from the bottom only.
Motors are high enough on this Sonic that w/same set up as last one it struggles to bite hard enough to plane but does not over heat once up.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Call Hydromotive 330-425-4266. They used to make a low water pickup nosecone that worked great.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Another good source. http://www.bobsmachine.com/Products/...ne_Bigfoot.cfm
Old 08-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CanDo
I remember when Scott made those, they worked pretty good. Scott is one innovative individual, for sure. Have fun at the 25th Anniversary "Bimini Vice" Bash. Who you going as? Tubbs...or Crockett...or Daisy? lol Have fun.
Scott is very innovative, I plan on having it installed this week , weather permitting.
I went as Crockett, We had a Blast over there, weekend goes by way to fast, I was there from Thursday morning till today. We had a great crossing both ways. We got lots of Lobster, freezer is full. Sundance Marine does a great job on making sure everybody has a good time & the goombays were flowing. I will keep you updated as progress goes this week.

Craig
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered

First picture is a picture of my Sundance 26 that we took over to Bimini & second picture is me on the right at the Miami Vice Bash in Bimini.
Attached Thumbnails 32' Midnight restoration project-dscf5936.jpg   32' Midnight restoration project-dscf5972.jpg  
Old 08-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Another attempt at solving overheating problem on center engine, not solved yet but engine not overheating at 4000 rpm's but soon as you turn up the rpm's with engine trimmed all the way down, temp starts rising. Rains have come & washed out the rest of the day, doing some work on the trailer, leaving boat in the water overnight. Taking a gps with me tomorrow morning to get a speed test. Will keep you updated tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

I sea trialed boat this morning 74.6 mph gps. I am happy with the speed so far. I need to find some more props to tryout. Still having overheat problems, But discovered after pulling boat out of the water that the low water pickup that I installed is blowing out the silicone and letting the water to bypass it. I guess there is alot of pressure there. I have a set of miracle plates to install. That is the project for this week. Will keep you updated on next sea trial.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

I just got done installing miracle plates on center engine & filled in top holes on outer engines. I will sea trial tomorrow . Hope for no more overheating problems.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered

Still overheating with miracle plates. I ordered a transom pickup from BOBS MACHINE SHOP. I just got done installing it & running the hose to engine. This should solve all overheating issues. Water test in the morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.