Lake Rescue Shootout, August 24-26

Notices

Lake Rescue Shootout, August 24-26

Old 07-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Rescue Shootout, August 24-26

Dear Power Boat Owners,

We would like to introduce ourselves and tell you about some changes for the 19th Annual Lake Rescue Shootout presented by Budweiser on August 24-26, 2007.

First of all, the Shootout will be televised on the SPEED Channel as part of the “LUCAS Oil on the Edge” Series. www.lucasoil.com. We will be filming a half hour show highlighting the fastest boats in the world to be aired later in the year.

We are also announcing 3 Primary Classes. Top Gun, Top Cat, and Top Vee. Top Gun is for all boats that run over 190 mph, Top Cat and Top Vee are for boats that can not reach 190, but still want to be on the television show. All three classes will have their own victory lane celebration at Shooter’s 21 after the event. Plus there will be scheduled times of the day for Top Gun, Cat and Vee only on Saturday at 12:00noon and 4:00pm, and the televised portion of the race will be from 3-5 on Sunday, with the victory celebration at 6:00pm.

We also have a new website with on-line registration. Visit www.lakeshootout.com. The cost to enter is still $50 for all runs, but all Top Gun/Cat/Vee Runners MUST rent a dock slip from Shooter’s 21 for $1000. We must do this so that the television crew can do interviews, etc. right after the driver’s finish their runs. Please register early so that we can reserve your slip. Call Jeff if you have any questions about registration or the dock slip.

Finally, we will be offering in-boat camera’s for the show at $2500/piece. We only have 5 camera’s so you will want to reserve your’s early. This is a great way to get your sponsors some TV time. Call Mike for more details.

For those of you that don’t know, the Lake Rescue Shootout is the largest unsanctioned boat race in the United States and has been listed by Powerboat Magazine as one of the 8 boating events that you must see. Basically, it is a one mile drag with a radar gun at the other end, and the biggest top speed is the winner. Last year over 30,000 people came to watch Dave Callan and John Cosker reach 208 MPH.

For more information, please contact us below. Also, tell everyone you now about this amazing event, and we hope to see you at the lake.

Jeff Dorhauer
Race Organizer
Fire Chief
(573) 348-1221
[email protected]

Mike Johnson
TV Contact and Pit Reporter
(314) 800-5790
[email protected]
Old 07-10-2007, 06:11 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its Official,

The Offshoreonly.com party will be Friday night August 24th at Dog Days 7pm until whenever. For those that attended last year, same place, same time.

for more information please visit www.dogdays.ws
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

we are so there again. and steve, make sure you have a ride to the airport. 9am phone calls monday morning are not good
Old 07-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

Ill definatly be there for the shootout, just made my reservations.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

I'm at tan tara thurs thru sunday.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered

I wonder if there is going to be room for us little guys, or do they just want the top guns ? Dock space is already tight to say the least.... ?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Reggie,
The guns are awesome to watch, and if they don't knock the wrinkles out, nothing will! That being said, it is a blast to watch all the guys that we see day in and day out at the lake lay it on line. It would not be the show that it is without guys like you.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reggie
I wonder if there is going to be room for us little guys, or do they just want the top guns ? Dock space is already tight to say the least.... ?
If you talking about the shoot-out it is for everyone. $50 and a helmet and you can make a pass down the lake and see what kind of sppeds you can run. If your talking about the oso party at dog days than you may be right. I think they should have two get togethers for oso. One a boat show where you reserve all the slips for the big guns (500k up) boats and let everyone walk around and check the boats out and than the next day have a oso party where there is no slips reserved just first come first serve for oso members to meet each other and have a cold drink. This year the first 15 or 20 slips reserved are for "sponsors". I don't know if they are sponsoring the nite and will be supplying drinks, food or prizes for the oso members.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

If 15-20 slips are "reserved" for sponsors and the "top-gun's" have to pay $1000 for a slip, what's left @ Shooters, for slips? There are probably 60 slips, total, meaning that you have to get there awful early or be very lucky during the day to get a slip for yourself.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered

I was talking about the Shoot Out, and the slips at Shooters, sometimes it's very hard to find a place to park you boat, and go through the saftey inspection.
Thanks for the kind words Tango, I'll be there, I found a few more MPH, hit 79.9 on my GPS, we'll see what happens it's a lot of fun, one of the best weekends at the Lake that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Lake Rescue Shootout, August 24-26

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.