Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Another job search, Kansas City area. >

Another job search, Kansas City area.

Notices

Another job search, Kansas City area.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another job search, Kansas City area.

As some of you remember, a few weeks ago I was looking for a different job around the LOTO area. Doesn't seem to be much out there especially for my fiance so we are looking to head back to the Kansas City area. Tonganoxie actually (about 10 minutes east of KC Speedway). We have been checking the KC paper and the Lawrence, KS paper daily and still not much out there, atleasts that either of us are trained to do or without a college degree. If there is anyone out there who has any positions open please let us know. I have been working on boats for the last 4 years and doing Fiberglass/Gel Coat for the last 2. I would be happy in the boat business or something else really. I love boats but would also be happy with an indoor/office job. I have supervisor experience and work excellent with customers, just a likable person and always happy. My fiance hasn't worked for about 3-4 years as I wanted her to stay home after our daughter was born but she is ready to get back out there now. I think she is going nuts sitting around the house all day! But she is more into the office scene. She is currently working on her degree in Child's Psychology and about to finish up her sophmore year. She has been on the Deans list evey semester since she has started. She is taking her classes online so she can do her school work around her work schedule so that will not be a problem. As much as we both like it here at the lake, there just isn't much for work especially for her down here. Thanks to anyone who may be of any help on this. It is appreciated very much.
Brandon
[email protected]

Last edited by Brandon; 09-30-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Welcome to the Neighbor hood..Tongie is only 15mins from us and only 30mins from Lake Perry...You might check with the Lake Perry Marina...Maybe they need help ?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

Also there is a fiberglass shop in Smithville Mo....It would be about 45min drive but you might check there..I will look up there # for you....
Shoreline Fiberglass Repair
816-532-8670 • 14804 Shamrock Way, Smithville,MO 64089

Last edited by myscarab30; 10-01-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Yeah, we used to boat on Perry every weekend before moving to LOTO. I like that little lake. I have talked to Brian the manager (his dad owns the place) and they offered me a job a few years ago but didn't take it. And was up there thalking ot him again this past April-May and he asked me again but they couldn't pay what I needed. I may give them a call again though. Yeah, Lansing isn't far at all. My Aunt's husband worked at the Lansing State Prison and my aunt worked at the Leavenworth Federal Penn, me and my cousin used to go the the prisons and use the gym everyonce in a while. Me and Christina grew up around there. She was from Tongie and I was from McLouth. Do you make it out to Perry often? I know once we are back we will be out there quite a bit.
Brandon
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Registered

Thanks, I'll get ahold of them also. Thought about opening my own shop there in Tongie but just don't have the money to do it right now. I found one shop that may possible be up for rent but not sure. If you go through there it is at the stoplight by the old Casey's and on the south east corner of the intersection. It hasn't been used for as long as I can remember but has 2 bays and and office I believe. Not much to look at now but paint alone would do wonders for that place. Plus it is in a good location and would get alot of traffic going to Perry lake.