Big Thunder sold again? >

Big Thunder sold again?

Notices

Big Thunder sold again?

Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Thunder sold again?

Has Big Thunder been sold again? What happens to all of the slip owners that just moved thier lifts there?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

I heard that over on MWBP, doesn't look like anyone had any real informations though...

I would think if the new owners change the format or are planning to do something else with the property they would at the least have to refund any dues that were paid...

As for the lifts that would probably be the responsibility of their owners to get them moved if it came down to that.

I new the sales portion was gone but thought they were going to still have the fuel docks open....it was listed for sale for $3.5m I would doubt it went for that right now...
Old 01-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain4play
I heard that over on MWBP, doesn't look like anyone had any real informations though...

I would think if the new owners change the format or are planning to do something else with the property they would at the least have to refund any dues that were paid...

As for the lifts that would probably be the responsibility of their owners to get them moved if it came down to that.

I new the sales portion was gone but thought they were going to still have the fuel docks open....it was listed for sale for $3.5m I would doubt it went for that right now...

I was slipped there last year and my lift is still there! That place was the worst, horible service and they treated you like an alien.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MOERON
I was slipped there last year and my lift is still there! That place was the worst, horible service and they treated you like an alien.
WOW we were there for fuel for the shootout and they we;re great a hottie came out and pumped 900.00 in fuel ,new bathrooms were nice & clean ,LILjoe even set us up with SKATER bath towels which was above & beyond i felt badd and when we got home called and ordered a case and he shipped them at n/c ... are we talkin about the same place mm7 ??????
Old 01-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
WOW we were there for fuel for the shootout and they we;re great a hottie came out and pumped 900.00 in fuel ,new bathrooms were nice & clean ,LILjoe even set us up with SKATER bath towels which was above & beyond i felt badd and when we got home called and ordered a case and he shipped them at n/c ... are we talkin about the same place mm7 ??????
Hey a 40' Skater pulls up and that means $$$$$$! They were trying to get me to buy a 38' Donzi (I love the boat) but when we were unable to agree they really lost interest and I kept my boat there. Yes same place 7MM. Joe is a great guy its the new owners I was talking about, rolling around in his golf cart like he was above everyone.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain4play

I was told they started going down hill just months after buying it and that they lost the lease to Bob Morgan for the Hwy 54 retail location and had to leave. It would be challenging to have a boat dealership without presence on Hwy 54! I would sell the marina to a developer, its worth more to build on rather than run a marina on that side of the lake.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MOERON
Hey a 40' Skater pulls up and that means $$$$$$! They were trying to get me to buy a 38' Donzi (I love the boat) but when we were unable to agree they really lost interest and I kept my boat there. Yes same place 7MM. Joe is a great guy its the new owners I was talking about, rolling around in his golf cart like he was above everyone.
Not able to agree on price sounds right , my buddy ordered a new 35 DONZI out of the east coast and gave them the oppurtunity to match the price 7.5 hours away is better then 19 but they were $30,000.00 more and would'nt budge even with bringing them the contract/proposal , Hey a 40' Skater pulls up and that means $$$$$$! We only stopped for gas not a engine overhaul ,and we were in the USA 1 FREEDOM 46 SKATER so should'nt matter what boat pulls up at the gas dock money is money .
Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Kelly's Port has picked up the Baja line, thats all i've heard.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sacaja
Kelly's Port has picked up the Baja line, thats all i've heard.
I wonder who got Donzi? Is the land on the 7MM for sale? I have a slip and lift there and I have heard nothing about needing to move!!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

I was there yesterday and they had no boats on the lot except the ones they were working on....couldn't find anybody to talk to though...I haven't heard a thing from them either. kinda BS if you ask me