New places to boat?

Notices

New places to boat?

Old 02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New places to boat?

Guys,

I usually make 2-3 trip a year down to LOTO to go boating. The WP has pretty much ruined any enjoyment you could possibly get down there with stopping everyone all the time, including me (and no, I have no OUIs).

So, I am looking for some new places to go, have fun, do some partying. I usually take 4-5 fun people with me, and sometimes there are 4-5 boats of friends, as well...

I live in Central IL and am looking for cool lakes with roughly a 4 1/2 - 5 hr radius tow max (or less). Anyone want to share some of their experiences or promote the lake/river they boat on?

I have been to Chain O'Lakes (fun but shallow). Would you recommend going back there? Only been twice and it's been awhile. I have also been to Centerhill Lake 45 min East of Nashville. It is a lot like LOTO in that it's a reservoir. Great, clean lake, just don't remember too many places to hang out on the lake (although, Nashville is a short drive for great nightlife).

Any suggestions welcome. Thinking about making one trip to Put IN Bay on Erie. Anyone have any comments about that?

Thanks in advance,
Zack
Old 02-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Default Nice Lake

Come down and boat on Table Rock. We have the best water around. Deep, clean, and pretty wide open to let your boat run. It gets pretty busy on weekends but is nothing like LOTO. Cow Creek is a good cove to hit usually a good crowd. The WP usually leaves you alone unless you do something stupid. It's one of the best lakes around.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

a little far, but give lake texoma a try on one of the 'big' weekends... (if you are looking for something wild)
Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 417FTN
Come down and boat on Table Rock. We have the best water around. Deep, clean, and pretty wide open to let your boat run. It gets pretty busy on weekends but is nothing like LOTO. Cow Creek is a good cove to hit usually a good crowd. The WP usually leaves you alone unless you do something stupid. It's one of the best lakes around.

Yup...come visit. We are about 4 hrs from STL depending on what part of the lake you put in.

Very clean, very deep, and very wide open.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

I live on the Mississippi between locks 17 and 18 (Oquawka to New Boston il). 20 miles of open boating. Afew hot boats, see WP couple times a year, 2 or 3 rukus runs ( mainly locals, stock pleasure, pontoons, jon boats, etc.). Lock thru 2 or 3 times a year to Burlington ia or Muscatine ia. Planning on going to Coralville Lake in Ia, very small but heard they have a party cove ( University of Iowa) and Princeton beach in the Quad Cities ( heard there's some nice boats and bikinis). Mark Twain lake is nice, stayed outside of town: motel, restaraunt and party bar all in one. Would like to try the Illinois but heard it is pretty narrow.Been to Clinton lake or Lake Shellybeville? Would like to try them out. Done with LOTO, WP and wakes from other boats.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Hey Zack, we boat thru Peoria several times a year and have always had a great time. We boat a lot in downtown Chicago on Lake Michigan now and have found a great group to hang out with. Have you ever hit some of the Chicagoland Harbors as well as Indiana and Southern Michigan. A lot of great spots and only a few hours away. You can usually check the weather forecasts a few days in advance and be sure that it is not going to be too big of water to enjoy because that is the only obstacle to avoid. Besides occasional 5'+ water, the restaurants, nightlife from harbor to harbor, etc. can be a great time not to mention the playpen downtown on weekends. Check it out up here. Hammer
Old 02-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by razor1115
Guys,

I usually make 2-3 trip a year down to LOTO to go boating. The WP has pretty much ruined any enjoyment you could possibly get down there with stopping everyone all the time, including me (and no, I have no OUIs).

So, I am looking for some new places to go, have fun, do some partying. I usually take 4-5 fun people with me, and sometimes there are 4-5 boats of friends, as well...

I live in Central IL and am looking for cool lakes with roughly a 4 1/2 - 5 hr radius tow max (or less). Anyone want to share some of their experiences or promote the lake/river they boat on?

I have been to Chain O'Lakes (fun but shallow). Would you recommend going back there? Only been twice and it's been awhile. I have also been to Centerhill Lake 45 min East of Nashville. It is a lot like LOTO in that it's a reservoir. Great, clean lake, just don't remember too many places to hang out on the lake (although, Nashville is a short drive for great nightlife).

Any suggestions welcome. Thinking about making one trip to Put IN Bay on Erie. Anyone have any comments about that?

Thanks in advance,
Zack
Zack, have you tried Mark Twain? Little over 3 hours from here in Bloomington. Norris in TN? Dale Hollow or Cumberland?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by boatguy94
I live on the Mississippi between locks 17 and 18 (Oquawka to New Boston il). 20 miles of open boating. Afew hot boats, see WP couple times a year, 2 or 3 rukus runs ( mainly locals, stock pleasure, pontoons, jon boats, etc.). Lock thru 2 or 3 times a year to Burlington ia or Muscatine ia. Planning on going to Coralville Lake in Ia, very small but heard they have a party cove ( University of Iowa) and Princeton beach in the Quad Cities ( heard there's some nice boats and bikinis). Mark Twain lake is nice, stayed outside of town: motel, restaraunt and party bar all in one. Would like to try the Illinois but heard it is pretty narrow.Been to Clinton lake or Lake Shellybeville? Would like to try them out. Done with LOTO, WP and wakes from other boats.
BG, I run the river all the time from Peoria to Starved Rock and from the other side of the lock at Peoria all the way down to LaGrange. Don't be afraid to try it out. You would like Shelbyville and Cove 5 in the summer. I keep my boat on a lift at Clinton Lake. There are a bunch of us on the same Dock that raft-off and party every weekend. Give a shout out if you ever want to come this way and looking for people to hang with or need any information.

Jeff
Old 02-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Lake Michigan sounds great. What about trailering up past the last loch on the IL River, running through DT Chicago, then on up to Milwaukee? Been there for the 100th and thought Mil River looked like fun?

Wanted to go to Texoma and Table Rock. I will put them on the list!

Last edited by razor1115; 02-12-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Knotforme, thanks for the invite, will definitely be coming down this summer, a salesman that I know boats a lot on Cinton Lake and wants me to come down, sounds like fun. Do they have Motels or places to dock and sleep on the boat? Thanks BG

Quick Reply: New places to boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.