Water Patrol Loto????? >

Water Patrol Loto?????

Notices

Water Patrol Loto?????

Old 03-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypo8
The fine is $100 bucks. As long as your not a jack off they wont kick you off of the lake or follow you home. At worst the first time you get a warning, second time a ticket, third time a ticket and go back to the dock and stay there till the problem is fixed etc.... There are so many loud a** boats that you will most likely blend in on any busy weekend. Now with my luck since i said that I will get kicked off the lake!!!
JACK OFF huh, maybe but not an idiot. I guess I will just have to see. thinking about grabing a pair of clamp on imco muffs. that way at least it looks like i'm trying.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BIGZXXL
JACK OFF huh, maybe but not an idiot. I guess I will just have to see. thinking about grabing a pair of clamp on imco muffs. that way at least it looks like i'm trying.
Hey what size pipes do you have??? I have a set of like new gills off of 98 tg! I would like to get rid of them. Let me know if you are interested?
Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

This year I'm suspecting they will not hand out too many warnings...I got mine one of the first times out and it was $125.00, no warning and had to take the boat off the lake...I was very pleasant but it didn't make any difference... I did have him test them doing a pass-by but he said it registered louder...

btw...it was pretty loud 96.7 db at idle, but now it's nice and quiet...found some 5" GGB Extreme's that slipped right into the 6" tubes after some fab work by the machine shop I use here in town... I think CMI has some that would work too if your tube size is small enough.

90 db at idle is what they test you at and they told me they don't do the 50' pass by test only the one at rest...

Last edited by fountain4play; 03-31-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain4play
This year I'm suspecting they will not hand out too many warnings...I got mine one of the first times out and it was $125.00, no warning and had to take the boat off the lake...I was very pleasant but it didn't make any difference... I did have him test them doing a pass-by but he said it registered louder...

btw...it was pretty loud 96.7 db at idle, but now it's nice and quiet...found some 5" GGB Extreme's that slipped right into the 6" tubes after some fab work by the machine shop I use here in town... I think CMI has some that would work too if your tube size is small enough.

90 db at idle is what they test you at and they told me they don't do the 50' pass by test only the one at rest...
They told me they would do the 50' test so I asked him if he wanted to be that close to a boat passing at 150 mph.......he said no. But I did run past him even pulling the sticks back put me over the 86 db. That test is a failure with any boat the water on the bottom of the boat is to loud.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered

Default This Sux!!!

Ok so I got the new TG with the dry pipes. I read section 306-147 of SAE j34 which states that any motor boat manufactured after 1996 must be 90db.Thats where I screwed up and didn't read further on to find out. Boats manufactured after 1996 fall under the old guide lines of 86db at 50 ft at WOT. needless to say I am well over and have been stoped twice by the same officer. maybe a little profiling huh. So I have heard that there is no proper way for them to adminster the 50ft test under the guidelines of j34 do to the way the course needs to be set up. Now I also know alot of guys are just as loud as me. How the hell is everyone getting away with it and why I am getting nailed everytime out? does anyone know a loop hole????? OR HAVE SOME NICE 1000HP MUFFLERS????
Old 05-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

now you're a marked man. You will have to try and figure something out muffler wise if officer friendly has his eye on you.

I have heard others talk about shutting down one engine when passing WP in the no wake areas to cut down db level but if they're chasing you down when you are running you are screwed.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
now you're a marked man. You will have to try and figure something out muffler wise if officer friendly has his eye on you.

I have heard others talk about shutting down one engine when passing WP in the no wake areas to cut down db level but if they're chasing you down when you are running you are screwed.
Thanks. not realy the answer I was looking for. how does that guy with white lightening get away with it? revin it up in party cove infront of about three or four WP at a time???? theres got to be an anwser somewhere out there.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

question, from what I have heard it seems like there are some seriously powered boats on LOTO, what do all the people with 1000hp+ do? do mufflers even help or are you just willing to pay the tickets? it seems like edock alone has some serious cats that would be much louder then a set of 525's
Old 05-08-2008, 04:05 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Boating on busy weekends with loud boats does not attract as much attention. If you are just cruising this time of year, chances are there are very few boats out and youstand out. Also, the LOTO WP does pic on Cats.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIGZXXL
Thanks. not realy the answer I was looking for. how does that guy with white lightening get away with it? revin it up in party cove infront of about three or four WP at a time???? theres got to be an anwser somewhere out there.
What kind of boat are you in? If its a cat thats the reason. I have been pulled over at least once EVERY time I have been on that lake. What eliminator do you have for sale?

Quick Reply: Water Patrol Loto?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.