Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponX
All the Big Power is at LOTO.

Edock is in Kansas or something.
UT-OH
Old 05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have thrown some mufflers on it to start with. It's a lot harder to get off the radar now that you are on it.

I'd start by putting some clamp ons on it and if they still hassle you add some slip ins as well. At least you will show you are trying to get it legal.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yea Buddy!!!!

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
You should have thrown some mufflers on it to start with. It's a lot harder to get off the radar now that you are on it.

I'd start by putting some clamp ons on it and if they still hassle you add some slip ins as well. At least you will show you are trying to get it legal.
well hold on just a min. I just got ahold of a copy of house bill 217 & sae j34 which has the testing standards. this test is truely imposible to perform on the water so there is no real way to prove the noise. I cant post it on the site but if anyone would like a copy I will forward it in an email. so it looks like I can still fight the good fight for everyone.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo

to late for that now!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WeaponX
I wish I wasn't right but I told you so.....Just playing with ya. They are a giant pain. But there isn't anything more important for them to do then check noise levels.
hold on there brotha might just be a way!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGZXXL
well hold on just a min. I just got ahold of a copy of house bill 217 & sae j34 which has the testing standards. this test is truely imposible to perform on the water so there is no real way to prove the noise. I cant post it on the site but if anyone would like a copy I will forward it in an email. so it looks like I can still fight the good fight for everyone.

Do you really think that nobody has ever tried to fight their noise tickets by arguing the testing procedure?????

Good luck......and let us know how much your fine is
Old 05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Boating on busy weekends with loud boats does not attract as much attention. If you are just cruising this time of year, chances are there are very few boats out and youstand out. Also, the LOTO WP does pic on Cats.

Exactly... Memorial day to Labor day is a different story...
Old 05-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

hold on there brotha might just be a way!!!
I hope so.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok so I got the new TG with the dry pipes. I read section 306-147 of SAE j34 which states that any motor boat manufactured after 1996 must be 90db.Thats where I screwed up and didn't read further on to find out. Boats manufactured after 1996 fall under the old guide lines of 86db at 50 ft at WOT. needless to say I am well over and have been stoped twice by the same officer. maybe a little profiling huh. So I have heard that there is no proper way for them to adminster the 50ft test under the guidelines of j34 do to the way the course needs to be set up. Now I also know alot of guys are just as loud as me. How the hell is everyone getting away with it and why I am getting nailed everytime out? does anyone know a loop hole????? OR HAVE SOME NICE 1000HP MUFFLERS????
I'd find some slip-in's they look better than clamp-on's and for my boat they did the trick. Problem is you probably got stopped by one of the same guys who pulled me over last year. First time I had the boat out after putting the mufflers on he stopped us again... They will hassle you to no end once they've stopped and tested you... I can't wait to hit the water this year with new colors it will be the same thing all over again...

You ask how does the White Lightning boat get away with being so loud??? I wish I knew because his is at least as loud as I was and couldn't keep from getting a ticket and thrown off the lake...
Old 05-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain4play
I'd find some slip-in's they look better than clamp-on's and for my boat they did the trick. Problem is you probably got stopped by one of the same guys who pulled me over last year. First time I had the boat out after putting the mufflers on he stopped us again... They will hassle you to no end once they've stopped and tested you... I can't wait to hit the water this year with new colors it will be the same thing all over again...

You ask how does the White Lightning boat get away with being so loud??? I wish I knew because his is at least as loud as I was and couldn't keep from getting a ticket and thrown off the lake...
thanks bud good info. Think i am going to wait till memorial day comes around b-4 I get back out there. from what I have read, I think the only real way to get away with being as loud as you want is to have a registered race boat. I wonder how thats done. How exactly do the slip-in's work since I have dry pipes with baffles inside, for the water to port out of. As far as the white lightening guy. I think I have to track him down this summer and find out how the hell he's doin it.

Quick Reply: Water Patrol Loto?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.