Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
LOTO Speeding at Night >

LOTO Speeding at Night

Notices

LOTO Speeding at Night

Old 06-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eight or Nine years ago I was staying a a buddy's condo at Breakwater( I think that's the name of the condo right up from the old Shooters.) The lady's didn't want to go and my buddy and I went down to the dock and idled out to the other side of the lake killed the eng had our nav and stern light on just chilling drinking a beer enjoying the late night we noticed another boat off a ways doing the same. After awhile the boat off in the distance fired up and started towards us building speed, my buddy and I were out of the main channel they came with in five foot of us and were turning so they cover us with there wave. Soaked us we were in our Saturday night duds and look like wet cats. We both instantly went in to someone is going to take a country ass wipp n, I'm talking about he's face was going to meet the back of his head. We started after them and by the time we got on plane they turned there lights off and ran. I told my buddy not worth it so we went back in. If I'm out at night I have someone designated right beside me watching for boats or anything in the water.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At Night

I don't go out at night anymore because the crazies have ruined it. Those with no lights, drunks, and even sitting out in main channel with their lights out. There have been some spectacular accidents and deaths over the years at LOTO at night. Basically people drinking and not being capeable of any sort of safe operation.
I just don't go out at night anymore.