Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
What happened to White Lightning? >

What happened to White Lightning?

Notices

What happened to White Lightning?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah he usually doesnt run in the shoot out. and probably wont this year either. If you blow something up, you dont get to run for the rest of the year and he doesnt have a crew that fixes his boat for him, so that means lots of sleepless nights at the shop getting it where can enjoy it again. Also it is probably not the fastest boat in the world in flat water. That is not what the boat is made to do. You can make a bass boat go120 miles an hour in calm water. but the fun starts and she does he thing when the waves are big and everyone else needs to slow down because they cant handle it, thats when whitelightning hits her stride.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stillboatin
yeah he usually doesnt run in the shoot out. and probably wont this year either. If you blow something up, you dont get to run for the rest of the year and he doesnt have a crew that fixes his boat for him, so that means lots of sleepless nights at the shop getting it where can enjoy it again. Also it is probably not the fastest boat in the world in flat water. That is not what the boat is made to do. You can make a bass boat go120 miles an hour in calm water. but the fun starts and she does he thing when the waves are big and everyone else needs to slow down because they cant handle it, thats when whitelightning hits her stride.
Very good points indeed.

But I'd still love to see it run.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd have to agree regarding the rough; problem is we've all heard the claims of big top end numbers unfortunately there is no evidence to support them. I will add that I do not recall Travis ever making those claims...came from others. There were attempts made; calling him out a couple of years back but he never showed. Regardless WL sure is a beautiful boat with big power and a real head turner.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

WL is impressive to say the least.

I have a Q though.

In some of the pictures I have seen of it on the lift it looks like it sticks WAY out of the dock. I didn't think you could do that at LOTO?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
I'd have to agree regarding the rough; problem is we've all heard the claims of big top end numbers unfortunately there is no evidence to support them. I will add that I do not recall Travis ever making those claims...came from others. There were attempts made; calling him out a couple of years back but he never showed. Regardless WL sure is a beautiful boat with big power and a real head turner.

Yeah ive heard alot of things myself, but I know for a fact what i have seen on the speedodometer.And as far as the racing, he is not going to race some one at 10 oclock on sunday morning. There is not a point in it and he will probably just end up getting a ticket. If someone really wanted to race the boat, u could surely find him somewhere within 5 miles one way or another of grandglaze bridge on a saturday afternoon around 2 or so like when it was supposed to happen last time. I dont think travis cares to prove anything to anyone, but i can tell you something. He loves to go fast and if you catch him in a go fast mood when his boat is in the same mood, good luck to you!!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah ive heard alot of things myself, but I know for a fact what i have seen on the speedodometer.And as far as the racing, he is not going to race some one at 10 oclock on sunday morning. There is not a point in it and he will probably just end up getting a ticket. If someone really wanted to race the boat, u could surely find him somewhere within 5 miles one way or another of grandglaze bridge on a saturday afternoon around 2 or so like when it was supposed to happen last time. I dont think travis cares to prove anything to anyone, but i can tell you something. He loves to go fast and if you catch him in a go fast mood when his boat is in the same mood, good luck to you!!!!
Travis knows we're ready anytime in the big 4Zero.

I would love to run around 2:00 p.m. Labor day weekend...if my motors live.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Factually it was 5pm on a Sat at the toll bridge (all you have to do is go back to the beginning of this thread and start reading) and BTW what did you see on his speedo...or is it a SECRET? LOL! and BTW I'd run him in the rough stuff anytime...just for fun of course. I'd like to see how the boats would stack up. I did read that someone suggested 109....that would appear (see pic to the left) to make things pretty even.

Last edited by omerta one; 08-23-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ahh it never ends
Old 08-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
Factually it was 5pm on a Sat at the toll bridge (all you have to do is go back to the beginning of this thread and start reading) and BTW what did you see on his speedo...or is it a SECRET? LOL! and BTW I'd run him in the rough stuff anytime...just for fun of course. I'd like to see how the boats would stack up. I did read that someone suggested 109....that would appear (see pic to the left) to make things pretty even.
Bring your radar gun this weekend and if we happen to see you, you can see how fast it goes after we pass you. i also see in the picture that your rpm gauge says 1
Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
WL is impressive to say the least.

I have a Q though.

In some of the pictures I have seen of it on the lift it looks like it sticks WAY out of the dock. I didn't think you could do that at LOTO?
I'm at LOTO. My new boat sticks way out of my dock, about 7+ feet from the end of the dock and 5' from the end of the roof. Our condo complex allows you to stick out 8', which is more than most.. I have never heard of a Ameron rule applying to private residences, but i could be wrong.

Quick Reply: What happened to White Lightning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.