Biggest LOTO waves??? >

Biggest LOTO waves???

Notices

Biggest LOTO waves???

Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I have seen maybe up to 8 foot wakes caused by some of the really big cruisers. It was rumored that Prewitt's 65' Sea Ray could throw a 12-13 foot wake. All LOTO wakes are estimates though. I still say the biggest water I have ever been in is after a fireworks show.
I've seen Prewett with the 65 at Back Water Jacks but not out on the lake.
It's been probably 15yrs ago we were in my uncles 1986 261Liborater at the fire works at Tan Tar a waves at the time was the craziest I've seen. One hit us from the side and threw him out from behind the wheel I was right beside him caught him and shoved him back in his seat. My aunt has not been out for fireworks scene.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Nova, you're Jamie Forbes' friend, aren't you? I think I met you near Dallas at another friend's house. I was on my way to a motorcycle race in Louisiana. You guys had a Supercross party weekend.
Thats right!! Wasn't that the year we were raceing Z50s in the back yard at Ricks?
Dan
Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nova26
Thats right!! Wasn't that the year we were raceing Z50s in the back yard at Ricks?
Dan
Yep. I wasn't there for the fun. I made it to Longview and my old van shot craps. Missed the race and headed home in a U-Haul.

I think you guys got into a car accident on the way back as well.

Sorry for the hijack!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

I took a couple over the bow of my 29 after the OSS races in 07 on the way back to the Statepark from Horneytoad. I was in the BAJA and it was a BLAST!!!! It was not as big as the water after the shootout breaks and the run to Party cove is, but I was alone so I could air it out!!! OH Yea!
BAJA warranty claims? Dont know about that, mine handles it very well. Of course I am steppin up to a T G this winter!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by nova26
I also heard Baja had the most warranty claims on the hull on LOTO than any other water too. Don't know if that one true too.
Not sure anyone tracks this data to know for sure. I do know there have been a few Bajas that have busted stringers at LOTO. I'm sure other brands have suffered the same fate.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Garys Sea Ray is a 61' and nothing compared to the 65' Marquis called Our Country Club. I heard it flipped a dock over once.

The biggest water ever here was 2004 Shootout when the thunder storm came in fast right after the show was over. I had my 43' Flat deck it was fun.

Never seen a 12'
Weapon X is absolutely correct. My 38 Donzi was burying the bow light from wave top to trough!!!!! It was wicked!!!! We finally busted through the big cruisers and made the turn around the 19 mm and then the rain really hit, was almost numb by the time we broke out in front of the storm cloud and ran WOT to the Horny Toad!!!! We were the first boat out of the mess when the raft-up broke up and the first one to the Toad, damn that was fun!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

You always get big water at the corner near Lazy Days down near party cover and leaving the Shootout. The biggest water I have been in was clearing the No Wake near Dog Days surrounded by a group of big cruisers that were coming back from Party Cove right before dusk. All those big boats took off at once and I was right behind them in my 26' Chappy and I felt like the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm. I was literally driving up and down the swells these big boys were putting off. I thought to myself one wrong move and I'm phucked! I would estimate the waves at 6' since I was standing up in my boat and the crests were just below my line of sight when I was at the bottom.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I 've had some pretty fun times right after the
shootout, although some of my riders may
beg to differ

The worst one probably was back in 02' or 03'
4th of july in my 29 O/L....the same day that
a 31 Chris Craft got swamped and went down..

We were taking some of the wifes friends to PC,
we just had gotten through the no wake zone
took back off, was running about 45ish,
saw a big Sea Ray just starting its plow, right ahead
of us, just a little bit after the moorings.

Ended up stuffing it, broke my sun glassed in half,
saw stars for a few seconds, got wet, but the gals
in the back seat didn't get wet at all.

I don't actually how big it was, but, that's the only
time I've taken water over the front.

Never had any broken stringers in any of the 4
Baja's I've had down there either.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

that 65 throws a prety good wake but auggie bush's 70ft blue water and that 75ft sunseker thats down around the 40mm they throw some monsters

the turn by lazy days has got to be the roughest place ive seen a 35 fastec and a 33 outlaw flip there befor

personaly i think the biger the better
i'll just speed up
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM
jimdarr40

for the record , Gary's sea ray is a 63 Sundancer

Quick Reply: Biggest LOTO waves???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.