August LOTO resort recomendations

Notices

August LOTO resort recomendations

Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default August LOTO resort recomendations

Hello All-

I am in the process of planning a trip to LOTO for the shootout. I have never been there and I am trying to fiqure out the best place to stay. What I am looking for is a resort/ hotel style place (becasue my fiance likes resorts) where I can get a slip for a 30' cat. Any recomendations? Any help would be great!

Thanks
Don
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tan-tara. Google for the site.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto on Tan-Tara
Old 05-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Ditto on Tan-Tara
Well that was easy.... thanks for the help!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Have they done any updating to Tan-tar-a? Last time we were there about 3 yrs ago, it was really beginning to show its age & didnt seem like they were putting money back in.

I know that kids water thing is new, wasnt sure if they updated the main complex or villa's.

Last edited by BDiggity; 05-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

"Resort" is a pretty broad term. I really wouldn't condsider anywhere at LOTO to be true resort. Tan Tara and Four Seasons are more like large property areas that have a few things to do on them and most things you will have to drive to anyway. Tan Tara is much closer to the Shootout. IMO, you would be better off renting a nice waterfront condo in Osage Beach.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
IMO, you would be better off renting a nice waterfront condo in Osage Beach.
Thanks for the info. Why would you recomend a condo? Do they usually have slips? Where is the closest boat ramp?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Check on www.vrbo.com
and put in Osage Beach
(for reference, here is the link to one of mine although I don't have any vacancies that weekend http://www.vrbo.com/126671)
I rent my extra condo out on there and it works very well. In the listings they should have what slips they have available etc etc. Also, be sure to ask about slip size because although I only have one 40' and one 20' I can usually get a neighbor to rent an extra slip for the weekend, so don't be afraid to ask and the owner might be able to accomodate you.

You can find everything from 8 bedroom houses to one bdrm condos on vrbo.

Imo you want to be more in the osage beach area because by car you are close to everything like walmart, pb2 boat ramp etc. Some of that stuff down HH is far drive by land. when on the water you can get where ever you need to go pretty quickly (I'd rather spend time in my boat than my car).

Last edited by baywatch; 05-11-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: too many run ons
Old 05-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Condos represent a much better value and there are many that are much nicer than what you will find at Tan-Tar-a.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Condo's are everywhere on the lake. Most people who rent them have slips for rent as well. I rent through vrbo a couple times every summer. You can pick the size, price, and location you want. Condo complexes all have pools and most are right at the lakes edge. There are many nice complexes in great locations by land and water. If you're going for the Shootout, I would look for a location between the 19mm and 26mm of the main channel in Osage Beach. That will put right in the middle of the action and about 10-15 miles by water from the Shootout.
The best ramp is Public Beach #2. It is about 3 miles down the Grand Glaize arm from the 19mm.
I also have a timeshare that I trade to stay at LOTO for my long vacations, but when I go for just a long weekend, I rent a condo for 3-4 nights. I've been going to LOTO consistently 3-6 times per year and have never stayed at any of the "resorts"
Condo rentals are a much better value.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.