rumors? true or not true?

Notices

rumors? true or not true?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rumors? true or not true?

I was told this last weekend (6-13-09) that usually Memorial weekend the WP's will average 1000 tickets issued. This year however it was down....like way down and that they may have to cut back there work force because of no income. Since they changed the alcohol level to .08 there are more des. Drivers. My opinion...that's great. The other hand I watched the WP at the 38mm Sat. Afternoon/evening pull just about every boat over that came through. Now this just chaps my a$$ that they can resort to stoping everyone for no reason. Is there no probable cause when your in a boat?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

1,000 seems really high to me. Say each boat writes 2 tickets an hour in a 12hr day times 10 boats =240 per day times three days would be 720 tickets. To me that even seems high, but then again what do I know.

As far as pulling you over. They can pull you over for a safety check (jackets, fire extinguishers, etc. when ever they feel like it) when ever they want. Generally, they are going to favor inspecting the vessel that they think they have the best chance at a violation.

I know that I used to have a beer or two and now I don't have a drink. Strickly soda and water for me on the water. If I had to choose to have one beer and drive something I would pick my car simply because of the hassel factor on the water. At least on land it is a quick process to determine that with one beer and a meal I am still below .08.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered

Last sunday they pulled every boat over in front of Dog Days all day long, most were not doing anything wrong, just being harrassed by the Fn WP.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered

I'm out in party cove every weekend and have watched the cops become more and more aggressive, harrassing anything that floats within 100 feet of them, I've also watched party coves numbers decline yearly for the last 5 years since Captain Rad Talbert took over as head of water partrol here, I'm convinced the man is on a mission to chase away tourists and big boats as a whole on Loto.