watch your noise

Notices

watch your noise

Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
GK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm from Wisconsin land of a 86 decibel rule on the water but law enforcement does nothing to enforce the law on land against loud Harley motorcycles. It's also illegal to have captains call in this state. It's a classic example of too many law enforcement officials on the water with nothing to do except hassel people who have something they can't afford. I'm not talking about running loud boats on a small inland lake but Lake Michigan, give me a break. In Milw we have 2-police boats, 2- USCG boats, 1-DNR all patroling a FIVE mile radius. And of course they have to show activity to show they are actually working. A pathetic waste of money, too much government funding to these authorites.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

not sure what the numbers are in illinois,but in my neck of the woods they are on the jet skies bigtime,more revenue per stop,and lets face it,ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thought i would update (though it has been awhile since i have returned from LOTO). I had no issues with the WP this has been the fourth time down there and no problems. I have even had one shout "go hawks" when i putted past him when he saw my iowa licences. i think you stay respectful and you will get it in return. but i took the boat to topsider and there was a guy sittin on the dock with an older cig. he was curious to see what i was running and swore to me that i would be stopped on the way back due to my noise. i just left it at that and thanked him for his concern. but that was it. only had one comment from a guy on a dock.

I looked at that db listing on cp performance that was posted above and found it funny that iowa has a 86db limit. there is absouletly no enforcement here in my pools and we have some real loud stuff here. just lucky i guess but i had to chuckle when i saw that.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I boat in Iowa and I didnt even realise that Iowa has a 86db limit...Luckily never been stopped before! Since all the development around Rathbun Lake probably just a matter of time...