Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Helicopter Pics from the Support Our Troops PR are up >

Helicopter Pics from the Support Our Troops PR are up

Notices

Helicopter Pics from the Support Our Troops PR are up

Old 07-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering he runs by my house I think his parents live across the lake from me. Just gonna say hi.
Thanks
Thumper
Old 07-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrquad1
would have liked to ordered a pic but out of 241 i seem to have missed the camera and helio,just out of curiousity is there more pics?if not maybe i will be more fortunate and get in the dvd video or was it taken from the helio also.
We did our best to shoot as many of the boats as possible, but if it makes you feel any better, I've hired the helicopter and photographers for two straight years, and still don't have a pic or video of my boat!

In a perfect world we'd make sure we got everyone, but once all 112 boats took off, the helicopter and photographers did there best. Sorry you didn't make it under the helicopter this year, I feel you pain!!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
I think it is the owner of Ship Shape LLC or a friend of his.
Jonathan Gill aka Ship Shape works on the boat, but its owned by a friend, I'll see if I can track down the name.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrquad1
would have liked to ordered a pic but out of 241 i seem to have missed the camera and helio,just out of curiousity is there more pics?if not maybe i will be more fortunate and get in the dvd video or was it taken from the helio also.
We were missed by the helio also. However there was a great pic of our boat posted by ssnlo on mwbp. You might check there.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Registered

Default re think

Originally Posted by Dr. Jeff
We did our best to shoot as many of the boats as possible, but if it makes you feel any better, I've hired the helicopter and photographers for two straight years, and still don't have a pic or video of my boat!

In a perfect world we'd make sure we got everyone, but once all 112 boats took off, the helicopter and photographers did there best. Sorry you didn't make it under the helicopter this year, I feel you pain!!!!
you can include me in that same situation.two straight years without pic or apperance in dvd.maybe you should reconsider who does the filming or just explain that persons attending your events would expect to have the same treatment as the high end boats as we pay the same entry fees as they do.not dissasitified with the event,had alot of fun. but in saying that i feel short changed.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

We went in group 3 & did the short run & got lucky. I think he was coming back from the fast boats on the long run & caught us on our way to shorty pants.