Notices

shoot out

Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shoot out

The wp is getting ready ,what is up with the noise loud exhaust don't move to the lake if you don't like it .move to a small pond .Loto is know for highperformanceboats a lot of people come there and spend alot of money , no boats no money.

Last edited by riverboater; 08-13-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

huh?????????
Old 08-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Registered

X2, they removed the noise restriction for entrants this year.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered

Default shootout

Yes I heard I am talking about the weekend boater I have heard even stock motors are to loud now at the lake
Old 08-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riverboater
Yes I heard I am talking about the weekend boater I have heard even stock motors are to loud now at the lake
I don't know that enforcement is any different than prior years. May seems so since there are fewer boats on the lake than past years. I've been on the lake more this year than any year since I moved from there and frankly, I have rarely seen the WP this year.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

My boat is louder than 80% of the other boats at LOTO and I haven't had a problem. The WP is going to be plenty busy all Shootout weekend and I doubt they'll be too concerned about enforcing noise.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
My boat is louder than 80% of the other boats at LOTO and I haven't had a problem. The WP is going to be plenty busy all Shootout weekend and I doubt they'll be too concerned about enforcing noise.
seems like some are a little luckier than others? all i can tell you is what the water patrol officer told me as i recieved a ticket{we plan on stepping up and enforcing the noise ordinance alot more} and i know for a fact that several others that live beetween the toad and the toll bridge have recievied the same tickets.maybe it is not as common if you are above the 35-45 m.m.,but in my area be quiet!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I've never had a problem and live between toad and the dam, and am between toad and the toll bridge all the time. My experience is noise may be used as an excuse to pull people over usually because something else is suspected. Not saying it is always warranted, just saying I've been boating down there for a long time and it seems like the noise thing comes up every year now, yet nothing has changed for years.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:10 PM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

I can sympathize with the folks that think some boats are too loud, as I'm sure some are, hence the need to tighten things down a tad. On the other hand, since the Shootout brings so much revenue to the lake, I would think the WP would turn a "deaf" ear to the noise issue. On the other hand I would much rather see them enforce rule about being too close to docks and making wakes. The rule it 100 ft. from dock or structure or another boat, and it's obvious that the boaters either haven't read the manual and obviously don't have any common sense either. Oh well, sounds like I'm getting on my soap box, guess I just needed to vent a little. Hope everyone enjoys the Shootout.