lake ozark comparable >

lake ozark comparable

Notices

lake ozark comparable

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lake ozark comparable

I live just north of st louis in Il and make 4 to 6 trips a year to the LOTO. I was just wondering if there was anything within the same distance (200miles) or possibly a lil further that would be comparable and worth the trip just for something differant.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

NO - I've tried Lake Travis, Cumberland and several lakes in the Midwest, can't beat LOTO.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake michigan
Old 02-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Steve_H

Im sure some will disagree but there is nothing like LOTO in the whole country including both coast.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Im sure some will disagree but there is nothing like LOTO in the whole country including both coast.
Can you explain why? What makes LOTO so much more enjoyable for you?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Steve_H

More bars, restaurants, and resorts per mile of water then any other place I know of. Plus there is usually some kind of activities going on every weekend in the summer. The lake is privately owned as apposed to a Corp lake which means you can build right up to the shoreline. Plus the Ozarks Hills are beautiful. Then there is party cove which is a huge topless party EVERY weekend if thats your cup of tea. The only drawback is our season is only 6 months.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
More bars, restaurants, and resorts per mile of water then any other place I know of. Plus there is usually some kind of activities going on every weekend in the summer. The lake is privately owned as apposed to a Corp lake which means you can build right up to the shoreline. Plus the Ozarks Hills are beautiful. Then there is party cove which is a huge topless party EVERY weekend if thats your cup of tea. The only drawback is our season is only 6 months.
Sounds like something i need to check out this year. Where is the party cove?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Steve_H

Mile marker 4 on the Glaize Arm.

http://www.funlake.com/marine/2005_marine_map.pdf

http://www.funlake.com/

Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered

Thanks for the information. LOTO is about 550 miles from me. so i would have to make a vacation out of it. But the lake looks really nice. I am a Cumberland boater and cant get enough of it. This weather is killin me.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

well if you want something "different", table rock is a couple hours south. the water is much better than loto, BUT its a corp lake so its not dotted w/ condos & establishments. you wont have any off water attractions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.