Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Kentucky - Cumberland >

Kentucky - Cumberland

Notices

Kentucky - Cumberland

Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of Indian Hills resort and campground? Are they OK? Is the cabins, campground and marina in the same complex?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michigan troll
Anyone know of Indian Hills resort and campground? Are they OK? Is the cabins, campground and marina in the same complex?
I dont know anything about the Camping or cabins but i do put in there everytime i am at the lake. It is never that busy and it doesnt cost anything to putin. Tons of parking also.

If i had to guess i would say everything is all together. Camping, Cabins and the Marina are all right there together.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Registered

Everything in Indian Hills is close to the same complex. The campground is at the top of the hill. The marina and the majority of the cabins are at the bottom.

We are staying at Conley Bottom the last week of July. The thing we like best about Conley is they have covered docks that you can walk down to from the cabins. We used to stay at Indian Hills (Alligator Dock II) and changed because of the docking situation. Conley Bottom also has nice single covered slips for overnighters and larger boats. The cabin slips are two boats to a slip - a little tight for larger boats. We were able move over there - still connected to the regular cabin docks - as long as they all weren't rented. You should seriously consider Conley as well - both nice placed but you will love the covered dock.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dreaminbig
Everything in Indian Hills is close to the same complex. The campground is at the top of the hill. The marina and the majority of the cabins are at the bottom.

We are staying at Conley Bottom the last week of July. The thing we like best about Conley is they have covered docks that you can walk down to from the cabins. We used to stay at Indian Hills (Alligator Dock II) and changed because of the docking situation. Conley Bottom also has nice single covered slips for overnighters and larger boats. The cabin slips are two boats to a slip - a little tight for larger boats. We were able move over there - still connected to the regular cabin docks - as long as they all weren't rented. You should seriously consider Conley as well - both nice placed but you will love the covered dock.
Thanks, thats the kind of info I am looking for. We have people camping, staying in motorhomes and staying in boats and would like to keep everyone close together.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

No problem. I would say - from my experience - the closest to everyone staying together would be Conley Bottom. This is only from my experience. The hill that I mentioned seperating the campground and marina at Indian Hills requires driving. At Conley, the cabins, covered (and uncovered) overnight slips, and campground are all within walking distance. Here's their web address-http://www.conleybottom.com. We've stayed both places in the past.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I camp at Pinecrest by Alligator 2 but i am with Dreamin BIG if you want everone close together. Connley is more in the middle of the lake so you can go to different places each day they have a great ramp and good ice cream. wherever you decide you will have a good time . you can get gas at all marinas . a must see is harmon on a sat. and small falls on otter creek, the gris mill, the zip line( if no one taken it down) and on sat. state dock lodge that over looks the lake has a good dinner buffet you dock your boat at the state dock marina and call the lodge and they will send a van down to pick you up.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered

Are there places to beach the boat or hang out in sand?
Old 04-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Registered

A few people beach on the shore,but no sand at Cumberland.Everybody usualy just rafts up.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by michigan troll
Are there places to beach the boat or hang out in sand?
no sand, it's rocks. Oh and it's BYOB it's a dry lake. We went down for the poker run in 2007 and found out the hard way. Had to drive one way for beer and the other for vodka/captain.

Have you checked into Lake of the Ozarks? Sounds more like what you are looking for. I'm just sayn.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We go down from Cleveland at least once every year. Great lake to boat on. Twenty feet off the shore line and you will be in 100 feet of water is some spots( lake is deep).
You might want to look at Grider Hill, State dock or Jamestown.
They have cottages and camping to.
Grider has 92 or 93( I forgot which one it was) I think State dock has it to.
State dock is a nice marina( Jamestown is to) and its more in the middle of the lake. Jamestown is right next to that across the water/bay.
Lake is great for smaller boats to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.