Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
My boats first LOTO ExPeRiEnCe worth a read...... >

My boats first LOTO ExPeRiEnCe worth a read......

Notices

My boats first LOTO ExPeRiEnCe worth a read......

Old 07-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
LOTO come on vacation leave on Probation!

Well I took one for the team this weekend on my first trip back to LOTO in 15 years. Got the pass from the wife and took the guys up to LOTO. I was the DD for Saturday and took them to PC which was eventfull. On the way out under the 54 Bridge after we had passed two water patrol officers the third one stopped me because a buddy in the back of my 28 Skater sat one butt cheek on the gunnel to cool off while I was idling thru on one motor. That's all it took for Missouri's finest to come check me out. Fortunately, I was the DD no alcohol at all and had all the paper work and everyone was wearing a PFD. We got off with a warning and the officer could not have been nicer. A hundred yards further we pass a Bayliner Rendezvous with four Octagenariens on board getting the work over by the fourth officer we encountered in the half mile of dead mans journey! They were laughing like who pulls over great grandma? We told them it must have been a Catamaran thing since our cat was just checked too.
It was a great time but I felt like I could not cut loose on the water the entire time. Kyboy thanks for your post I was ready!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
Well I took one for the team this weekend on my first trip back to LOTO in 15 years. Got the pass from the wife and took the guys up to LOTO. I was the DD for Saturday and took them to PC which was eventfull. On the way out under the 54 Bridge after we had passed two water patrol officers the third one stopped me because a buddy in the back of my 28 Skater sat one butt cheek on the gunnel to cool off while I was idling thru on one motor. That's all it took for Missouri's finest to come check me out. Fortunately, I was the DD no alcohol at all and had all the paper work and everyone was wearing a PFD. We got off with a warning and the officer could not have been nicer. A hundred yards further we pass a Bayliner Rendezvous with four Octagenariens on board getting the work over by the fourth officer we encountered in the half mile of dead mans journey! They were laughing like who pulls over great grandma? We told them it must have been a Catamaran thing since our cat was just checked too.
It was a great time but I felt like I could not cut loose on the water the entire time. Kyboy thanks for your post I was ready!
Sorry to hear you got hassled. They are all about sitting on the gunnels and the sunpad. Sometimes I think they almost pick on the out of towners more. Hopefully, you still had a good time.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
Sorry to hear you got hassled. They are all about sitting on the gunnels and the sunpad. Sometimes I think they almost pick on the out of towners more. Hopefully, you still had a good time.
It was really no hassel because I fully expected it. Besides we have the souvenir warning to frame now compliments of MSWP!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"dead man's journey" too funny, but true, i was also the dg and my crew likes to call it "6 pack pass" as thats about what it takes to get through!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Which is PLENTY ironic considering the amount of idiocy I witnessed this weekend courtesy of "other" boaters.

Like the 25-30 foot cruisers running WOT with people ON THE BOW in 3-4 footers...or the 50+ foot cruisers throwing 6 foot wakes down the center of the channel with their RADAR going???? WTF is that about? Having trouble navigating there, Captain Cook?
FYI with some systems simple things like SOG don't work without the radar spinning. I always wondered why as well.