Poker runs in IL ??? >

Poker runs in IL ???

Notices

Poker runs in IL ???

Old 04-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mreedy
Quad cities will have a fun run July 13 & 14, instead of a poker run. still expect a big turnout.
hopefully I'll have a boat by then..

looks like a new Nordic owner will be boat'n at Clinton, I'll pass along the poker run info...
That leaves me out on the Quad Cities fun run. Scheduled to work those days also.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mreedy
hopefully I'll have a boat by then..

looks like a new Nordic owner will be boat'n at Clinton, I'll pass along the poker run info...
Congrats on selling the Rage. What's next?

Did you keep either of these two dolls, or did they go with the boat?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
We've had as few as 6 boats (last year) and as many as 12 or so. We've had offshores, runabouts, and even jet skis participating. Remember, this is a small lake (4,900 acres) with no real places to stop at for cards so we make up our own stopping points. We used to stop at Boondock's at Mascoutin (small shack that sells food/drinks..no booze) but there is so little space at the courtsey dock we decided not to stop there anymore. I beleive they will probably setup 3 stops to draw the 5 cards. Afterwards it is strongly encouraged that the winners (for high and low hand) buy a round of drinks at the Galley at the Marina! Here is a link the Marina's website for those not familiar with the lake.

http://clintonlakemarina.com/index.html

that will work .
Old 04-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered

Is the poker run on Clinton lake 100% for sure at 11am on the 19th of May? There are 4 of us going and I need to know for sure if that is the correct time and date.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
Is the poker run on Clinton lake 100% for sure at 11am on the 19th of May? There are 4 of us going and I need to know for sure if that is the correct time and date.
Saturday, May 19th. Departing from the front of the Marina breakwall at 11 A.M. If something happens to where the date or time has to change I will post it. For those planning to attend, please post what boat you have so I can give the organizer an idea of what boats to look and wait for before taking off. Again, I will be in Florida the date of the run so I am the gopher between OSO attendees and the organizer.

Jeff
Old 05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Registered

With our group there will be a 38' Fountain Fever, 29' Profile, 28' Sleek Craft, 28' Sea Ray, 25' Sleek Craft, and maybe a 26' Baja. The Fountain is a US1 edition, the profile is all white, the sleek craft is yellow, the other sleek craft is white and maroon, the Sea Ray is blue, and the Baja will be white with a red stripe.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Registered

Also who do we pay for the hands? where is the first stop? Will there be a meeting before hand to figure these kind of things out?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Also who do we pay for the hands? where is the first stop? Will there be a meeting before hand to figure these kind of things out?
Let me ask and get back to you on the plans. Most of the past/present attendees are slipped on Dock 3 at the Marina. Historically everyone would leave the dock and idle around the no wake in the Marina by the gas dock by the breakwall or just past the breakwall. Once everyone is is grouped together the boats will take off towards the first stop. The "pace boat" if you will is a 33 Outlaw. Red/Yellow/Black graphics with nasty sounding Brad Smith power. I will verify but historically you will take off from the Marina and turn right (North) and head towards the Rt. 48 bridge which is the second bridge on the Eastern end of the lake. Under that bridge it is all no wake. The boats will all raft up and at that time everyone can introduce themselves and a basket with the cards and an envelope for the money will be passed around. You will pull however many of your first cards you want and put $20 in the envelope for each card. After a bit of time to BS and get aquainted you will untie and head off to the next stop which historically has been Houseboat Cove. This is the largest cove on the lake just to the North of the Marina where you took off. Again you will all raft off and the basket will be passed boat to boat to draw your second card. Obviously no money need be exchanged at this point since you already paid your $20/hand. From there you will take off and most likely run down towards the plant intake which is the furthest Northwestern part of the lake. Repeat, rinse, etc... Not sure if they will do a 4th stop as the lake isn't big and they try to give the bigger/faster boats as long of a stretch to run as they can. So you may draw 2 cards at the third stop. The final stop is at the Galley at the Marina which is the restaurant/bar. There you draw your final card, determine the high/low hand, money is passed out, and the winners buy a round for the group. That is how we have done it in the past. Here is a pic of the organizer...the big sexy guy in the Baja. I will talk to him this weekend on his exact plans and will post any differences.
Attached Thumbnails Poker runs in IL ???-bigsexy.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Registered

With our group there will be a 38' Fountain Fever, 29' Profile, 28' Sleek Craft, 28' Sea Ray, 25' Sleek Craft, and maybe a 26' Baja. The Fountain is a US1 edition, the profile is all white, the sleek craft is yellow, the other sleek craft is white and maroon, the Sea Ray is blue, and the Baja will be white with a red stripe.
I think I may have passed this Fountain under the first bridge a few weeks back. Would have been on a Sunday.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, you're right Knot 4 Me, he's big,,, ha. ha.
It's nice to meet an honest man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.