Charter one Pavillion concerts at Northerly Island >

Charter one Pavillion concerts at Northerly Island

Notices

Charter one Pavillion concerts at Northerly Island

Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charter one Pavillion concerts at Northerly Island

Anyone ever try to catch a concert by boat at this venue? Wondering if you can anchor , I know there is breakwater wall in the area - Would love some input on this .

It is close to Burnham Harbor , from what I remember you can ot park a trailer and boat overnight in any Chicago Harbor , am I right ?

Here is a picture of the concert venue ..

Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could anchor if you want, but you can't see anything. You can hear though decently dependign on what type of music. Don't get too excited, by boat it's a few minute opportunity and that's it. You can anchor about anywhere you want in Lake Mi, as long as you have enought rode. It's in the 20-30 ft range in this area but watch shallow spots.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's actually better just hanging out at the Play Pen (area just north of Navy pier inside break wall) is where all go. You can sit to hear AND see the band at the East end of the pier, but there is alot of boat traffic so you can't anchor or tie up, just float for a bit. And they are small bands, but it's something.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I dont remember there being an actuall breakwall there..from what i remember its a bunch of pilings and rubble that are just under the waters surface....you need to be carefull when approaching it or you will do some damage....unless they have changed things around....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Paul , we have hung out at the Playpen before and have floated at the end of Navy pier at times when bands were playing . I know that is a no anchor zone by Navy Pier .

There is actually a sailboat charter company that sells a charter party for concerts playing at the Northerly Island areana. You charter the boat and they anchor just outside of the breakwater as shown in the picture . Here is a link , http://chicagosailboatcharters.com/Concerts.aspx I figure you must be able to hear the concert somewhat if this guy is charging for a charter to the concert area ???? May have to check this out , a few good bands playing at the Charter One Pavillion