Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Where to launch and park trailer at LOTO? >

Where to launch and park trailer at LOTO?

Notices

Where to launch and park trailer at LOTO?

Old 03-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
Cool, thanks! What is the launch in the upper right called, then?
It is all part of the same state park area. A lot of bass boats launch at the ramp on the upper right. You will want to go to the main launch on the lower left, and you can park your trailer in the large parking area to the left in that picture. You can pay in the building with the blue roof right next to the launch and the slips. The launch is less than a mile from Robin's Resort.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually stay at Robin's too. You could drop the boat in at PB2, and park the trailer in the lot at the top of the hill at Robins. That only makes sense if you are taking the truck back with you obviously. One of the best parts about Robin's is the ramp right on site but getting a bigger boat down there is a nightmare.

Last edited by wfo1; 03-02-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wfo1
I usually stay at Robin's too. You could drop the boat in at PB2, and park the trailer in the lot at the top of the hill at Robins. That only makes sense if you are taking the truck back with you obviously. One of the best parts about Robin's is the ramp right on site but getting a bigger boat down there is a nightmare.
That would mean my wife would have to drive either the truck and trailer or the boat. Neither is gonna happen! I thought it was pretty sketchy trying to get my old 31 Sonic down the road to the launch at Robin's.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Biggest I've pulled down the hill at Robins has been a 32 Sunsation behind a crew cab shortbed. It's tight, but not as bad as I thought it would be after dragging my 288 down there so many times.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Registered

The biggest any of our group have had in there was a 31 sonic as well. I haven't, and probably never will try with my 390. I seen a guy with a 33avs put in there but I didn't watch him come down the hill to see how many times he put a tire in a ditch on the inside of one of those hairpin turns.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

That would mean my wife would have to drive either the truck and trailer or the boat. Neither is gonna happen! I thought it was pretty sketchy trying to get my old 31 Sonic down the road to the launch at Robin's.
I'm only a few blocks away from PB2 and can come down drive truck and trailer to storage and send the wife away with just the truck. My cell is 402-290-8070
Old 03-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by eddie
I'm only a few blocks away from PB2 and can come down drive truck and trailer to storage and send the wife away with just the truck. My cell is 402-290-8070
Ed's idea is a good one, their place is a mile away, if for some reason it doesn't work out for whatever reason I can come down and do the same, our place is close also, LOTO folks trying to help out.

Good luck and have fun.

Last edited by 314joey; 03-02-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It is a nice area, you can launch the boat tie it to the dock, go park the trailer and have her drop you back at the boat. Then all she has to do is drive the truck to Robins. We did that for years before we bought down there.
If Ed is around that is a nice thing for him to do as well. He is nice and close to the park.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eddie
That sounds like a good plan.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
It is a nice area, you can launch the boat tie it to the dock, go park the trailer and have her drop you back at the boat. Then all she has to do is drive the truck to Robins. We did that for years before we bought down there.
If Ed is around that is a nice thing for him to do as well. He is nice and close to the park.
I'm used to getting the hell outta the way at my local launch. You can't stay at the dock for long. But, that might work, too.

One thing I've wondered about LOTO, though. Why don't you put your docks along side the ramp?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.