Buy a condo in LOTO? >

Buy a condo in LOTO?

Notices

Buy a condo in LOTO?

Old 08-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ben
Anybody have any prices they want to share for a year long rental?
I thought about doing the same thing the OP wants to do but the numbers just didn't work out, especially considering I would be at the lake most of the big weekends. It's cheaper for me to rent a place or stay with friends the 8-10 weekends a year I'm there. I'm also convinced I would go more often if I had my own place all the time so renting a house/condo for a year might be a good way to see how much I would use it and see if its feasible to buy a place of my own.
I have some units: 3 beds 2 bath with slip. I also have some conditioned commercial space left for storage or small business. All our located in Osage Beach. Feel free call me 816-298-4998

Last edited by travis reed; 08-06-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
At this point the math is not working out.... But we shall see what our realtor comes up with. I'm really starting to lean towards the low MM's. Keep your opinions coming and I will keep this thread updated for anyone whom is thinking about doing the samething.
I am at the 4mm main channel. My neighbor owns the house next door and it is rented ALL the time. We are down hwy W, W-12 to be exact so it's not like the place is close to anything by car. But the place has the main channel view and for renters I think they really enjoy watching the action of the main channel rather than looking at a house across the calm cove. My .02.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ben
Anybody have any prices they want to share for a year long rental?
I thought about doing the same thing the OP wants to do but the numbers just didn't work out, especially considering I would be at the lake most of the big weekends. It's cheaper for me to rent a place or stay with friends the 8-10 weekends a year I'm there. I'm also convinced I would go more often if I had my own place all the time so renting a house/condo for a year might be a good way to see how much I would use it and see if its feasible to buy a place of my own.
We own a couple of units at the 17mm. One which we use personally and the other is a long term rental. We get $850 a month for a 2bdrm 2bath unit second tier unit, NO slip. Renter pays utilities, We pay the monthly HOA fee of $222.12, taxes are $457.80 for the year. Insurance cost is $400. Unit cost was $115K. Should give you enough info.

My neighbor rents his unit short term. He gets $120-140 nightly plus cleaning fee. He uses VRBO and Flipkey. He blocks out the times he wants to use it and rents it the other times. He says he's getting about 75 - 90 paid days a year out of his. He has his personal boat in his slip, so if the renters need a slip, which is rare(suprised me) he arranges one for them from the few vacant slips in our complex. I rented him my extra slip for 5 days at $15 a day until i rented to another unit owner for the year.

Last edited by JMS322; 08-08-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

After 14 years in a condo, just this weekend we moved into our new to us house (a complete remodel). I would not even consider buying without the aid of Terry Summers. It took a few years to find what we wanted, and he was engaged all the way. A few of the main points to us were:

Osage Beach location with good streets. You would be amazed at some of the goat trails around the lake that leads to huge homes.

City water/City sewer as we do not want to deal with any of those issues.

14-23mm by water. If you are too close to the dam, you can only go one way, and you see the same old stuff. Being at the 18mm (condo was at the 20), you can have choices on which way to go, and within 20 miles each way there are a ton of things. In fact, within 5 miles are plenty of bars, gas docks, and cove out spots.

East side of toll bridge was important. Probably more of a pain than the cost, but there, nonetheless.

Osage Beach is fastest to get to from home, especially with the bypass. It is easy to tack on 15-30 minutes onto your drive. 5 hours was enough for us.

We have a 1350 sq ft 2 bad/2ba that we have slept up to 14 in with inflatable mattresses. I always like the ground floor, as it gives more emergency exits and it is much, much easier dragging stuff to and from the boat. LOTS of condos have 50 steps getting down to the dock. Being a bit of a slip whore, I have 3. A 16x44 for the formula, a 10x22 for the jet skis, and a 10x22 for the bass boat. I can't imagine having no slip or even just 1!

That all said, I have been from one end of this lake to the other, and every part of it is awesome. Always plenty to do! Are you coming for the Shootout?
Old 08-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have a house and get down every weekend, you are only 90 minutes north of us so you can get there more then you think. Renters will not maintain your stuff the way you want. Our house is at the 28mm and we like it down that way, our condo was at the 19mm Lands End. Close to stuff by land but hated the condo associations and all their BS. Before we bought we rented a two bedroom condo at Lands End for 14,400 a year. But after doing the math we bought a 4 bedroom house for the same money. The condos may not let you swim off the docks, when you own your house you can swim when you want.
Good luck on your choice it is a blast.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Registered

My sister has a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit at the 17mm that she is considering leasing long term (6 to 12 months). It is a 2nd tier unit with a great view of Pogue Hills Cove (same cove as Marine Max). It would be fully furnished and a 10x24 slip would be included. Let me know if interested.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bajafatboy
My sister has a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit at the 17mm that she is considering leasing long term (6 to 12 months). It is a 2nd tier unit with a great view of Pogue Hills Cove (same cove as Marine Max). It would be fully furnished and a 10x24 slip would be included. Let me know if interested.
FWIW: It's Pogue Hollow Cove
Old 05-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Registered

Thanks John. Could have sworn that is what I was typing. Didn't go back and check what it read though.

Yes Pogue HOLLOW not Hills. Although there are a bunch of hills