LOTO Spring Harbor Hop >

LOTO Spring Harbor Hop

Notices

LOTO Spring Harbor Hop

Old 05-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LOTO Spring Harbor Hop

Is anyone doing the Harbor Hop this Saturday at LOTO? How big of an event has it been? We're thinking of towing down for it. The weather looks ok.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-01-2017, 12:20 PM
ben
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

If the weather holds up it should be a pretty busy weekend, there's already a couple pretty big groups meeting up at different times/places. There's a thread on MWBP that has more info.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

I'd be a bit concerned on the condition of the lake after the 6+ inches of rain this past weekend.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plan on doing it for sure, just not sure what boat, I would like to take the Eliminator but I am concerned about debris floating in the lake,
Old 05-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I just saw some pictures on Midewst Boat Party. The Pa He Tsi public boat ramp In Osage Beach was a mess. The wood debris was four feet out from the ramp. Hopefully some locals will keep us informed.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lake Bound
I just saw some pictures on Midewst Boat Party. The Pa He Tsi public boat ramp In Osage Beach was a mess. The wood debris was four feet out from the ramp. Hopefully some locals will keep us informed.
My buddy and forum member Mentalpause is down there right now so I'm sure he'll chime in on the lake condition.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
My buddy and forum member Mentalpause is down there right now so I'm sure he'll chime in on the lake condition.
We got 6.2 inches of rain over the weekend. Lake rose almost 4 feet before Ameren opened all the flood gate. It has gone down about a foot the last 36 hours. But forecast calls for cooler and rain tomorrow and Thursday. LOTO has a large basin of contributing tributaries, all which are in flood watch. One area south of the lake got 9 inches in a day. They are calling for flooding conditions for the rest of the week.

The lake obviously has debris, but honestly I expected it to be worse. And it may get worse if more muck from Truman and the tributaries enter the main channel of LOTOduring the next week. If you come down you will probably want to take it easy. Debris is pretty easy to spot when nobody is out there and the channel is flat. But when the weekend traffic starts churning up the main channel debris and rogue logs are tough to spot until it is too late.

Personally I'm leaving the boat on the lift until the lake stabilizes. Probably a sign of getting too old and conservative, because God knows I've boated several times down here when it's been this bad or worse.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:10 AM
ben
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm thinking there's no way it can be as bad by this weekend as it was 4th of July 2015. Not that it wasn't bad then but it was manageable.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ben
I'm thinking there's no way it can be as bad by this weekend as it was 4th of July 2015. Not that it wasn't bad then but it was manageable.
Ya mean this?! Who wants to go to Party Cove?!
Attached Thumbnails LOTO Spring Harbor Hop-glaize-arm.jpg  
Old 05-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
We got 6.2 inches of rain over the weekend. Lake rose almost 4 feet before Ameren opened all the flood gate. It has gone down about a foot the last 36 hours. But forecast calls for cooler and rain tomorrow and Thursday. LOTO has a large basin of contributing tributaries, all which are in flood watch. One area south of the lake got 9 inches in a day. They are calling for flooding conditions for the rest of the week.

The lake obviously has debris, but honestly I expected it to be worse. And it may get worse if more muck from Truman and the tributaries enter the main channel of LOTOduring the next week. If you come down you will probably want to take it easy. Debris is pretty easy to spot when nobody is out there and the channel is flat. But when the weekend traffic starts churning up the main channel debris and rogue logs are tough to spot until it is too late.

Personally I'm leaving the boat on the lift until the lake stabilizes. Probably a sign of getting too old and conservative, because God knows I've boated several times down here when it's been this bad or worse.
It got old digging wood out of the speedo pickup in outdrive and cleaning out drive shower pickup tubes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.