First Ride of a 30 with 300's

Notices

Old 07-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello All-

So I was able to get out for a few hours on Sunday and finally got a long run where I started feeling comfortable behind the wheel. This thing rocks! This is the most fun I have had drving a boat ever! Still getting use to it so I didn't go over 85mph, but it hanlded so well at any speed and water condition.

I did have a couple questions though....
When getting on plane the props will slip lot and then they will hook up. At this point the boat will lean a little to the left. it takes about 10 seconds or so then the boat will jump a little and then level out. If there is a wave around it will level out easier. Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks
Don
Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Prop torque until you are going fast enough to pack more air under the tunnel?
Possible I guess, but they are counter rotating props (turning in) so I don't think it is prop torque. And it feels like the hull packs air around 60 to 65 so I am not sure that is the issue.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

If it is at slow speed it is just not planning one sponson. Does it feel like the boat is really leaning than just jumps up on one side? Thats what mine does sometimes. It depends on the weight in the boat and the trim. I just have fun with it now. I have had mine 2 years now and still learning tricks on driving it
Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Just tossing out ideas- I am clueless on most things but have an opinion on every thing..
LOL! Yeah that pretty much sums me up too!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
If it is at slow speed it is just not planning one sponson. Does it feel like the boat is really leaning than just jumps up on one side? Thats what mine does sometimes. It depends on the weight in the boat and the trim. I just have fun with it now. I have had mine 2 years now and still learning tricks on driving it
I believe we have a winner! It is at slow speeds. That makes sense. Now is there anyway to make it go away or is it just a normal part of drving a cat?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Getting the weight equal from side to side will sometimes help. Also using some positve trim when taking off. But that won't always work. Mine will plan the left side first most of the time, but than the other side will plan first when least expect it. I just got use to it dong that and it does not bother me anymore. I wondered what was going on when I first got mine also. I just have fun with it now and see how long I can go leaning to one side. Passangers love it.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all the cats do that when getting on plane what I do is once on plane just hit the trim till it corrects......enjoy that bad boy and your sunday experience reminds me of my first.......
Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Props with most pitch will slip more than lower pitch props, going on plane. As the props are trying to hook up a wave will lift one sponson to keep that side slipping while the other side is effectively deeper and hooks up more.....Sometime, try a smaller pitch set of props..... Smaller pitch props may be a little more user friendly.....Of course, you may see a little reduction in top speed....Also, You might want to try turning the props out ....There again, may scrub a little speed....But, perhaps more stable....You can also try lowering the jack plates and raise them back up as you get familiar with the boat.......Just part of the deal...Good Luck
Old 07-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

CcanDo Is your 35 motion an outboard?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No, It is an I/O ,THe Udderly Fantastic Champion That Andy Trost ran.

Quick Reply: First Ride of a 30 with 300's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.