Notices

Miami Vice.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Miami Vice.

Originally Posted by Boatrepairguy
There was actually susposed to be 3 MTI boats in the movie,
I only saw 2 of them. The one that got the most work was the one with the rectractable roof. There was a ton of work that went into that boat, and it dident even make it, But in the uncut DVD the race scene is in there. Its good, but not what i was hoping for.
There were three. Mojo, Pair-A-Dice, and Bud Select. I'm not familiar with any retractable boat but there was a removeable top that fit on the Mojo.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boatrepairguy
There was actually susposed to be 3 MTI boats in the movie,
I only saw 2 of them. The one that got the most work was the one with the rectractable roof. There was a ton of work that went into that boat, and it dident even make it, But in the uncut DVD the race scene is in there. Its good, but not what i was hoping for.
MTI has never built a retractable top, only the removable one for Mojo. There were actually several more MTI's there during filming that didn't make the cut, even it the Directors cut version. Speed Racer was there as well as GC motor sports which may have been it there just sitting at the docks but I'm not sure about that.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Registered

Yea, thats what i meant, guess i dident put it in the right wording. Took well over a month to do and dident even get a good look at it. The place i work at did most of the modifying of the boat itself. Like cutouts for the cameras, The top for one on the Mojo Boats, And made the rear extensions to make the boats look about 2 ft longer. Shame to see so much work go into those boats when only one out of the 3 get seen up close. The one that does is the Movie boat with the scenes from the movie painted onto the side. Oh well, thats hollywood for you.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about them repainting the boats after they got ot Miami. I loved the white before how it would change colors and pic up any color that was around it and then they paint them flat white.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 42MTI
What about them repainting the boats after they got ot Miami. I loved the white before how it would change colors and pic up any color that was around it and then they paint them flat white.
CRAZY MOFO'S!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Looked like a Peal White Caddy. Under the bussel is still the original color. Or it was. Nice color for a boat not to late to change your mind. Miami boat show 2008.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

I have seen the dvd version multiple times and i still get jealous as hell from the Mojo heading to havana for mojitos scene. awesome boat, awesome ride. My buddy and i were watching that scene saying "daxx, i need to make more money!"