Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > MTI (Marine Technologies)
First time in MTI today! >

First time in MTI today!

Notices

First time in MTI today!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by notda1
Thanks to all for your kind words , this boat just gets better as I get more seat time . It feels fast ,safe and stable . The quiet part and the huge seating area are a big plus too .
All I can say is watch for sand bars on the Chesapeake(Ed Mosmiller).
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew Ed , and I doubt it was a sand bar that took him out . RIP
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I knew Ed , and I doubt it was a sand bar that took him out . RIP

+1

The boat really is pretty amazing, and the way they ride, the first thing everyone says when you get to 100 is "So this what 100 feels like? Feels a lot slower..."
Old 05-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all for your kind words , this boat just gets better as I get more seat time . It feels fast ,safe and stable . The quiet part and the huge seating area are a big plus too .
I went for a ride on the 42' Dirty Duck two weeks ago, good breeze, lots of slop w/an occasional 5-6 footer. I would have been hesitant to ride in a big cat with big power w/just anyone but I have known Ray for many years so I knew I was in capable hands. He turned the helm over to me for a while as he pushed the sticks and it's easy to see why you guys love these boats. What a ride. Thanks again Ray, you are a gracious host.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Registered

Hey Charlie , glad you guys enjoyed your ride . It was good seeing you , let's do it again soon
Old 09-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, last weekend on the Hero poker run in Solomons Island, Md. Ray was gracious enough to take me and a couple of my friends for a ride. First I'll say I have a whole new respect for anything that is capable of 100+ mph, second I completely agree with Charlie (RAPTOR1) I would never step foot on a boat like this unless it was in capable hands, and Ray is about the most capable I have met.
The fastest I have gone before was in Ray's 41 Velocity, "the bus", and this boat shattered that speed and with Ray at the wheel felt eerily safe in the one teens.
We came for the races but nobody could stop talking about that ride!
It was a great experience and even better being surrounded by great people!
The Dirty Duck is an impressive machine, seating for 8, Queen bed, and god knows what its capable of! We were running fairly conservative and couldn't help but get there first, or damn close to it!! UNREAL!!!!
Thanks again Ray and crew for the ride of a lifetime!

Last edited by 007joe; 09-20-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered

Thanks for the kind words Joe , it's a joy for me to have this boat . The way it rode in the river felt very safe and comfortable for all 8 of us . It's nice to cruise at those speeds and not work the equipment very hard . Plus the quiet part is a big plus for all on board . You're welcome back anytime , hope to see you again soon . Also send our best to Angelo and Sherry , we had a great time .
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Needs mirrors
Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I'm jealous. I've never ridden in a Cat and am dying to to see how it compares to my slow ass CIG
While it's not a 40+ foot MTI if you'd like to try out a cat sometime hit me up next spring and I'd be more than happy to have you out on my 32. I live in Chesapeake and I know we boat in a lot of the same areas...

The difference between a cat and a V is interesting. They both have their advantages and drawbacks but I don't think I'll ever go back to a V now that I've gotten used to handling the cat.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Registered

When Eric (Seaford guy) posted that back in the spring , I sent him a PM invite to go for a ride . He hasn't been here yet , but it was an open invitation . Season is almost over for me around here this year .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.