Ft Jefferson Long View

EXTRA LARGE VIEW CLICK HERE

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Jay, the pics are truly amazing, just as I expected. Dry Tortugas was very interesting and glad you were part of our mini adventure. Always a pleasure to have you in our company and looking forward to seeing you again before long.

Bob
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Love it when a plan comes together, Bob.

Truly a beautiful place.

LARGE

I recommend the SLIDESHOW.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Love it when a plan comes together, Bob.

Truly a beautiful place.

LARGE

I recommend the SLIDESHOW.
Jay that's it. I officially don't like you any more. Not even a little bit! Your pictures are too vivid too blue and artsy fartsy. That's it I've had it!

I tried to go to the Dry Tortugas in 1990 in a 24 Skater and 30' Sonic leaving Key West in November after 1:00 PM but thats a long story. Needless to say we did not make it and nearly found ourselves in Havana. Only positive side was my buddies in the Sonic got some great photos of he bottom of my old boat crossing the 6'+ swells. See you at Skaterfest in LOTO but the first beer is on you after posting these great photos.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by skate
Jay that's it. I officially don't like you any more. Not even a little bit! Your pictures are too vivid too blue and artsy fartsy. That's it I've had it!

I tried to go to the Dry Tortugas in 1990 in a 24 Skater and 30' Sonic leaving Key West in November after 1:00 PM but thats a long story. Needless to say we did not make it and nearly found ourselves in Havana. Only positive side was my buddies in the Sonic got some great photos of he bottom of my old boat crossing the 6'+ swells. See you at Skaterfest in LOTO but the first beer is on you after posting these great photos.
I can't stop laughing. Your a funny guy skate. How does that happen, anyway. LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice Jay!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I can't stop laughing. Your a funny guy skate. How does that happen, anyway. LOL
A long night at Sloppy Joe's after not breaking your boat in an OPT race and finishing 5th out of 13 boats because of that fact. Then deciding let's to the Tortugas that night at Sloppy Joe's because we have a few days until the next race. I was the only one with a compass and loran I realized I could not operate the Loran and the compass was off 15* after we finally made it back to the keys. I had a handheld VHF and a Motorola Bag Phone which neither one would reach out and touch someone.

I learned a lot that week and proudly owned the latest and greatest Magellan Nav 5000 the next year!

BTW I plan on dragging my little rig down to do one of your FMO events. I want to see Frank's 30' Skater in action.

Thanks for posting all the photos w enjoy them very much.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Sure seems like a lot of comedians in every direction....
or another guy with a camera in his hand...

LARGE

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by skate
A long night at Sloppy Joe's after not breaking your boat in an OPT race and finishing 5th out of 13 boats because of that fact. Then deciding let's to the Tortugas that night at Sloppy Joe's because we have a few days until the next race. I was the only one with a compass and loran I realized I could not operate the Loran and the compass was off 15* after we finally made it back to the keys. I had a handheld VHF and a Motorola Bag Phone which neither one would reach out and touch someone.

I learned a lot that week and proudly owned the latest and greatest Magellan Nav 5000 the next year!

BTW I plan on dragging my little rig down to do one of your FMO events. I want to see Frank's 30' Skater in action.

Thanks for posting all the photos w enjoy them very much.
As I read your story I had a few flashbacks of my own. LOL Isn't that how we get our experience and the by learning from our mistakes, we eventually get it right.

Hope you can get down and do some FMO runs with us. We have a few 28 / 30 / 32 Skaters, a Motion and Spectre that often run together. Great fun.

PM me your e mail address and I will send you our schedule for the coming 2011 / 2012 season.

All the best,

Bob
Old 08-17-2011, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

BRICK

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.