Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > New Products and Member Discounts
Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System >

Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Notices

Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Old 06-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I have dart pro-1's with stud girles around the poly locks. Will these clear the set up.
Mike
Old 06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running Pro-1 heads and CMI Headers from my HP500 EFI, the Valve covers look great but cant get them off with out removing the studes, should I drill the hole and just use bolts or find a way to fasten the "wing nut" to the stud, have you come across this issue.

Eddie
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
I have dart pro-1's with stud girles around the poly locks. Will these clear the set up.
Mike
No sir I am sorry to say these valve covers will only accommodate shaft mount style roller rockers. They will also accommodate a narrow body style stainless roller rocker arm like available from Crower cams or Comp Cams. The real killer to the deal is old conventional stud girdles and poly locks they do not represent enough height to work.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

The 500 EFI OEM header is very tight compared to standard CMI elbow tops. The stud should be attached to the wing nut. Is the wing nut coming off without the stud?

Originally Posted by fastedy
Running Pro-1 heads and CMI Headers from my HP500 EFI, the Valve covers look great but cant get them off with out removing the studes, should I drill the hole and just use bolts or find a way to fasten the "wing nut" to the stud, have you come across this issue.

Eddie
Old 06-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yes, I assumed normal operation was to remove the wing nut and lift the valve covers off the studs, how do I attach the wing nut to the studs, is their a problem with just drilling the holes slightly larger and using stainless bolts. By the way they do look great and have no leaks, will post pic's
Old 06-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by fastedy
Yes, I assumed normal operation was to remove the wing nut and lift the valve covers off the studs, how do I attach the wing nut to the studs, is their a problem with just drilling the holes slightly larger and using stainless bolts. By the way they do look great and have no leaks, will post pic's
How long have you had your covers? I fear you may be missing a small E-clip? The most popular way to use the covers is to red loc-tite the stud into the wing nut. Then there is a small E-clip that will keep the stud and wing nut captured in the cover at all times allowing it to remove with the cover and not get mis-placed. If for some reason you don't have the missing part I will gladly help you and give you what you need. By the way if you prefer to go to a bolt it will work fine just use the appropriate sealing washer that the stud originally uses. I'm glad your happy with our products thanks for being a valued customer
Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
I have stud girdles and they fit fine on the Scorpion's 540's. The ones on there were purchased in 2000, don't leak at all, and I purchased another pair to put on the Black Thunder when I work on those motors. The girdle number was PF 13602-1, whatever that means. If you want, I could call my engine builder to see what make that is.
So maybe they do fit in some applications????

Do you know what heads and rockers were used in addition to the Crane stud girdles (13602-1)?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tony,
How do the Pyramid covers you list on your site compare to these? Those appear to definitely clear the girdles.
Thx,
Dave
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Tony,
How do the Pyramid covers you list on your site compare to these? Those appear to definitely clear the girdles.
Thx,
Dave
Dave,
The Pyramid covers will work with many stud girdles Crane, Comp Cams, and Webster with minor clearancing. I have noticed on aftermarket cylinder heads with a rolled exhaust valve angle and large 1.625 valve springs that additional clearancing is required they are very tight on the bottom side due to the canted exhaust valve angle just an FYI. Thanks for the inquiry