New 43 V Bottom

Notices

New 43 V Bottom

Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New 43 V Bottom

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
Great choice the trips. Friend of mine brought his 40' Hustler down we broke a belt on a motor we got on plane with the other two and ran over 60mph back to the docks and fixed it. Would have taken us a LOOOOONG time slogging back off plane with just one motor.
Thanks LTT. Have never done trips before but for reliability and servicability in Northern Michigan feel that it is the way to go. It would be very cool to do big twins but not in the budget and just want (hopefully) turnkey reliability. Will sacrifice a few miles an hour for the reliability and the possible need for your mentioned scenario above. Just looking for good times and minimal problems.

Thanx again, Wrink
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Thanks LTT. Have never done trips before but for reliability and servicability in Northern Michigan feel that it is the way to go. It would be very cool to do big twins but not in the budget and just want (hopefully) turnkey reliability. Will sacrifice a few miles an hour for the reliability and the possible need for your mentioned scenario above. Just looking for good times and minimal problems.

Thanx again, Wrink
I don' think you can go wrong with that choice, especially for turnkey reliability. Do you have an idea of what it will run with trip 525s? And do they know that the total weight will come in at?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Registered

Mental, I am told is it should run mid to high 80's. Weight is 13 to 13.5 K. Fastboats .com posts top speed as 94mph! If that could happen, I think I would walk around w/ a constant John Holmes Woody! YEEEHAAA!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered

Mental, I am told is it should run mid to high 80's. Weight is 13 to 13.5 K. Fastboats .com posts top speed as 94mph! If that could happen, I think I would walk around w/ a constant John Holmes Woody! YEEEHAAA!!!
87-90 would be great. And you will crush the rough stuff with rock solid dependability. I hope we hook up somewhere this summer. I hope to be at both SOTW and the Port Huron run.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
87-90 would be great. And you will crush the rough stuff with rock solid dependability. I hope we hook up somewhere this summer. I hope to be at both SOTW and the Port Huron run.
Mental, not sure about the poker runs due to timing issues, but would like to C U up in the Charlevoix, MI area. Gorgeous waters and some great lunch and one day trips out of Lake Charlevoix. Have met some great friends up there that like to boat and hang out and do these things... not necessarily OSO people. But, PefectMix on OSO is OK if he's had enough beer. Stay in touch, Tracy
Old 12-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

Mental, not sure about the poker runs due to timing issues, but would like to C U up in the Charlevoix, MI area. Gorgeous waters and some great lunch and one day trips out of Lake Charlevoix. Have met some great friends up there that like to boat and hang out and do these things... not necessarily OSO people. But, PefectMix on OSO is OK if he's had enough beer. Stay in touch, Tracy
Do you ever make it to LOTO?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Do you ever make it to LOTO?
John, have never been to LOTO. Understand it is a very cool place. Will probably not tow to far this upcoming summer do to tow vehicle and time constraints. Check your PM, I'll send you a phone number.

Take care, Wrink
Old 12-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Registered

John, have never been to LOTO. Understand it is a very cool place. Will probably not tow to far this upcoming summer do to tow vehicle and time constraints. Check your PM, I'll send you a phone number.

Take care, Wrink
Haven't gotten the PM yet. If you ever want to check out LOTO we can accomodate that. I'll look for the PM tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terry... how many 43s have been built with mild triples verus big twins? It seems as though more triples are out there, but I could be wrong.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're not wrong. About 2/3rds have been trips.

Quick Reply: New 43 V Bottom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.