36 SuperCat Setup

Notices

36 SuperCat Setup

Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36 SuperCat Setup

Greetings all. After 15 years of owning cruisers, last year I traded in a 40' Carver motoryacht for a 2007 28' Eliminator Daytona w/twin 496 HO's - 100 mph boat...and have been having a ball. I've been attending poker runs with this boat and have been exposed to a whole new side of boating - that I wish I knew about sooner.

Well, I am considering making a move into something slightly larger and slightly faster (no surprise there I am sure) - and I have seen a couple Nor-Techs at these runs, and I am intrigued. It seems that the Skater's and MTI's have the mind share of the hard cores, but when I looks that the Nor-Tech's side by side with these alternatives, I really like the way the Nor-Techs look, and appear to run.

I have some questions for seasoned Nor-Tech owners:
1. What made you choose Nor-Tech over the other cat alternatives?
2. I am interested in the 36 SuperCat - how does it handle the chop (ie. my current 28 Elim can't handle anything over 3 footers.
3. I am interested in 120 mph boat - what setup should this be (ie. Merc 700's with NXT, or ILMor 700 with Sixes, etc...)

I look forward to your responses.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Have owned a 36, no better looking design in a performance cat, boat has several amenities that skater and mti dont have, ie cabin, It handles rough water super, have ran it in the chicago poker run thru big waves, ran right next to 36, 40 skaters and 39 mti no problem, I think the 700/nxt would be a great package, insurable and yes would hit 120 for sure probably 125 top end, you will be happy with the boat and the build process, Call Terry Sobo . He is the Sales Manager, very knowledgeable and great to work with,
Old 07-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just built my second 36 Nor-Tech this year. I went with the 700's with the NXT's. In my opinion this is a great setup for the boat. I have never had a problem in rough water, and the boat will run the speeds your looking for. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails 36 SuperCat Setup-sylvan-beach-6.jpg  
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

nice lookin pic, Chuck... shows the paint off real good.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chuck
I just built my second 36 Nor-Tech this year. I went with the 700's with the NXT's. In my opinion this is a great setup for the boat. I have never had a problem in rough water, and the boat will run the speeds your looking for. Good luck.
Are you bringing this boat to the Sacandaga PR on 7.28? I will be there and would love to take a closer look at your boat.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
Have owned a 36, no better looking design in a performance cat, boat has several amenities that skater and mti dont have, ie cabin, It handles rough water super, have ran it in the chicago poker run thru big waves, ran right next to 36, 40 skaters and 39 mti no problem, I think the 700/nxt would be a great package, insurable and yes would hit 120 for sure probably 125 top end, you will be happy with the boat and the build process, Call Terry Sobo . He is the Sales Manager, very knowledgeable and great to work with,
One thing I have enjoyed in my current setup is the reliability. Have really had no issues and spent a good amount of time running these motors/drives at 5k rpms

Our summers are short enough as it is - and not only do I not want to endure the expense of drive replacement, but the time out of commission. Can this package be run at 100mph+ for extended periods of time reliably?

When you reference "rough" water - how rough? 3'-5'?...and what speeds can you run an that slop? (I live on Lake Ontario so our waters are similar to chicago's).
Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

sweet spot on the 36 is 85-100mph, the 700 would be very reliable and able to be run at these speeds for extended time periods,
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned

rough water, yes 3-5's can run up to 100mph, this is where I was comfortable with safely.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
rough water, yes 3-5's can run up to 100mph, this is where I was comfortable with safely.
They were 4's to 5's at Key West and you weren't that comfortable at 95mph

But with the Execellent throttle man you had it was all good.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Are you bringing this boat to the Sacandaga PR on 7.28? I will be there and would love to take a closer look at your boat.
I will be there with it.

Quick Reply: 36 SuperCat Setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.