Notices

36 vs 43

Old 08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 43 with 1075's is a pretty badazz hot rod. It absolutely eats big water and runs out to 150 on stock power. HUGE is the best description I can offer really. The boat just feels really big but amazingly, at speed it feels really light. Yes, there is some loping but who buys a 150mph cat to drive around at 70mph? The 43 seems to settle into a really perfect ZONE at 120. The world just seems "right" at that speed. The wind noise actually decreases, the combo of lift and hull wetted surface is perfect. You cover water in short time and you don't need to hold her to the fire wall to run 120.
I was recently on a poker run with board member cloke in his 43 and we were running 120/130 beside a friends 36. The 36 sure spent alot more time in the air than we did. Heck, we could barely feel the waves that were actually launching the 36 .
If I had the peso's for one of Nortechs cats, the bigger kitty would get my money.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had been a deep V fan from the beginning, but after a ride in a 36 supercat - that all changed. The pure acceleration rush (2-850's) from the 36 was mind numbing and left a massive impression. The speed was simply incredible, but even more so was how stable, flat & confident the hull ran throughout its range. Furthermore, and in all honesty, at nearly 140 - I had saliva trails streaming down the sides of my face thanks to the Joker-smile I couldn't get rid of! Like a dragster on the water. A supervee accomodates all your family's needs, only a supercat will accomodate YOURs. I'm sold on the 36, but if a ride on a new 39 comes available (I'll spring for gas!), perhaps it will be just as impressionable. 36 36 36.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
The 43 with 1075's is a pretty badazz hot rod. It absolutely eats big water and runs out to 150 on stock power. HUGE is the best description I can offer really. The boat just feels really big but amazingly, at speed it feels really light. Yes, there is some loping but who buys a 150mph cat to drive around at 70mph? The 43 seems to settle into a really perfect ZONE at 120. The world just seems "right" at that speed. The wind noise actually decreases, the combo of lift and hull wetted surface is perfect. You cover water in short time and you don't need to hold her to the fire wall to run 120.
I was recently on a poker run with board member cloke in his 43 and we were running 120/130 beside a friends 36. The 36 sure spent alot more time in the air than we did. Heck, we could barely feel the waves that were actually launching the 36 .
If I had the peso's for one of Nortechs cats, the bigger kitty would get my money.
That's a pretty fair testimonial.

The plain and simple fact is that the tunnel on the 43 is very large. Great for big water and top end but takes longer to pack. This resulted in more mid range hopping. We experimented with various tunnel tabs and then extensions (much like you see on Skaters). The extension virutally eliminated the hop at most any speed. There's one side effect. When running at moderate speeds in a big following sea the end of the extension can catch causing an uncomfortable buck. However there are a number of owners out there that are very happy with that set up.
The final solution was to lengthen the hull by 12". This was accomplished with the wedge filling the notch on existing boats. The end result is you get some of the mid range hop found on all cats but none of the adverse effects.

Feel free to call me anytime with your questions.
I'd be happy to discuss our boats with you.
Terry
239-567-5030 x 14
Old 08-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
That's a pretty fair testimonial.

The plain and simple fact is that the tunnel on the 43 is very large. Great for big water and top end but takes longer to pack. This resulted in more mid range hopping. We experimented with various tunnel tabs and then extensions (much like you see on Skaters). The extension virutally eliminated the hop at most any speed. There's one side effect. When running at moderate speeds in a big following sea the end of the extension can catch causing an uncomfortable buck. However there are a number of owners out there that are very happy with that set up.
The final solution was to lengthen the hull by 12". This was accomplished with the wedge filling the notch on existing boats. The end result is you get some of the mid range hop found on all cats but none of the adverse effects.

Feel free to call me anytime with your questions.
I'd be happy to discuss our boats with you.
Terry
239-567-5030 x 14
How about this scenario..ASD-8's..no tunneltab, no porpoise, less weight, just as fast, possibly faster..Why does everyone go with Merc #6's. and I dont want to hear that resale b$llch#t..Thank You. Jeff
Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who you asking?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Who you asking?

me...on my 39
Old 08-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Knots
Your sig says you have 6s.
Jim Darr?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Jim Darr?
I suspect it is him but he couldn't restrain himself a whole month without insulting someone on here........
Old 08-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I suspect it is him but he couldn't restrain himself a whole month without insulting someone on here........

He is selling his 40 Skater also....

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o25138-en.html

Old 08-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
He is selling his 40 Skater also....

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o25138-en.html

Notice the piss poor pics and the desert like environment in the background...... Would bet he has never even seen that boat in person nevermind own it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.