36 Opinions Needed >

36 Opinions Needed

Notices

36 Opinions Needed

Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36 Opinions Needed

I'm looking for my next boat and have been looking at going to a 38 V, but I am considering a 33-36 Cat. Specifically a 33 or 36 Daytona or a 36 Nortech.

We spend the majority of our boating time in the local large lakes, rivers and inter costal but we do spend time offshore in the keys and local bay area's. Of course hitting two or three poker runs throughout the year.

I can get a key feature on the Daytona that I can not get on the Nortech. We have kids that currently enjoy our MCOB configuration and Eliminator can give us that option with a convertible hardtop.

I'm not necessarily looking to run 140, so top speed is not my priority. 110-120 would be plenty (did I just say that?)

Anyway, I am more interested in ride quality, stability, handling, etc. I don't want this to turn into a "who's got the best cat thread", but would like to hear from anyone how has experience with either or both of these rigs and give your honest opinion on the above.

Thanks much I appreciate the opinions,

Jack
Old 12-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Since you mention Eliminator can build you one I assume you mean a new NorTech as well. They have a new 39' due for Miami Show time. Not sure if they will continue the 36' but I would check into both.

Remember, NorTech IS a custom builder so ask for what YOU want. I am sure Terry and Trond can help.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can come to Ft. Myers call me and we'll set up a test ride. Then you'll know which way to go.

Cash the new 39 will be at the Miami Show but we have no inention of discontinuing the 36.

Terry
239-567-5030 x14
Old 01-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

That's great Terry. I look forward to both, as ausual.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this one is super easy.. Nor Tech ALL the way.. I had one great boat!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered

Haven't had an Eliminator, but if you do some boating in the Keys,(BEST BOATING DOWN SOUTH),I would definitely go with the NOR-TECH, superior boat for this water...
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nor-Tech

This appears to be an incredible buy:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o27191-en.html
Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
Nor-Tech

This appears to be an incredible buy:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o27191-en.html
I've seen that boat up close and personal. It's really nice and the paint is awesome!
Attached Thumbnails 36 Opinions Needed-nortech1.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
I've seen that boat up close and personal. It's really nice and the paint is awesome!
If my money wasn't tied up a bottom eating market it'd be in my driveway.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 AM
MJT
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Boostable
I'm looking for my next boat and have been looking at going to a 38 V, but I am considering a 33-36 Cat. Specifically a 33 or 36 Daytona or a 36 Nortech.

We spend the majority of our boating time in the local large lakes, rivers and inter costal but we do spend time offshore in the keys and local bay area's. Of course hitting two or three poker runs throughout the year.

I can get a key feature on the Daytona that I can not get on the Nortech. We have kids that currently enjoy our MCOB configuration and Eliminator can give us that option with a convertible hardtop.

I'm not necessarily looking to run 140, so top speed is not my priority. 110-120 would be plenty (did I just say that?)

Anyway, I am more interested in ride quality, stability, handling, etc. I don't want this to turn into a "who's got the best cat thread", but would like to hear from anyone how has experience with either or both of these rigs and give your honest opinion on the above.

Thanks much I appreciate the opinions,

Jack
Jack,

I’ve owned a 27’ canopy and 33’ tall deck Eliminator and while both were awesome boats I purchased a 36’ Nortech last year and it’s hands down a totally different boat from the Eliminator. The bigger water has no effects on this boat at all. I boat on Cumberland and depending on the time of year the water can get 3’-4’ and the Nortech steps right over it at any speed. My 27 or 33 would get you soaked from the mist coming over the bow at lower speeds and beat you at speeds above 80 mph. The Nortech will do neither and out turn the Eliminator at speed as well due to no center pod. Moderate HP will push the boat at the MPH your looking for as well. I plan on taking the boat to the Keys next year and have seen many others with the 36 Nortech run those poker runs with no problems as well.

Just had a good friend of mine that bought a repo 36’ Eliminator coupe so I’ll get to see the apple to apple this year!

I still like the Eliminator boat and feel they make a quality product, however if I was buying new today I would buy the Nortech especially if I lived in the Florida region.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Mike

Quick Reply: 36 Opinions Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.