All I can say is Gold Rush got the shaft >

All I can say is Gold Rush got the shaft

Notices

All I can say is Gold Rush got the shaft

Old 08-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All I can say is Gold Rush got the shaft

Instead of GR making the cover of August Powerboat, they put that plain Jane DCB 35 on it. A terrible injustice IMO. Even the Statement would have been a better choice than the DCB.

Last edited by Catmando; 08-15-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree!!!! They would have sold a few more mags for sure with GR on the cover.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I like Gold Rush..impressive paint job, and Im not a Gold fan..I polished the heck out of it at the Miami show. Congrats to the owner. The Statement is also a beautiful boat with some cool engineering things done differently then other manufacture's. and lastly.. the 35 DCB..I think it's an amazing smaller cat package on a 10' wide hull vs the 9'0" typically found on the west coast boats. Impressive speeds at Lake havazoo..maybe not quite how they were achieved during the poker run, but none the less, impressive boat..just my take on it.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course the cover would have been great but they only have 11 ( it may be only 10 now) covers in a year. We had Eileen's 50 on the March April issue.
They have to spread the love to keep as many manufacturers/ advertisers happy as possible.
Thanks for the votes though!
TS
Old 08-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"They have to spread the love to keep as many manufacturers/ advertisers happy as possible."

Friggin' hippie

Frank actually just left my office. I neglected to bring up the cover snub.

See you in Sarasota in October.....I will be a line/fender biotch on Gold Rush once again. Much better than my day job.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Of course the cover would have been great but they only have 11 ( it may be only 10 now) covers in a year. We had Eileen's 50 on the March April issue.
They have to spread the love to keep as many manufacturers/ advertisers happy as possible.
Thanks for the votes though!
TS

I just re-newed my subscription last week, it is down to 8 issues a year.....
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jassman
I like Gold Rush..impressive paint job, and Im not a Gold fan..I polished the heck out of it at the Miami show. Congrats to the owner. The Statement is also a beautiful boat with some cool engineering things done differently then other manufacture's. and lastly.. the 35 DCB..I think it's an amazing smaller cat package on a 10' wide hull vs the 9'0" typically found on the west coast boats. Impressive speeds at Lake havazoo..maybe not quite how they were achieved during the poker run, but none the less, impressive boat..just my take on it.
Yes the DCB's performance is impressive but I would like to know how the Eliminator28 can be 25mph faster(153 vs 128) than the 36MTI with the same motors and almost the same props. The MTI is only 250lbs heavier so weight wouldn't be an issue there. I called MTI and talked to Jonah and he said he can't figure it out either. Maybe it's a typo, maybe the Elim only ran 133...

Oh and Gold Rush grabbed Top Speed with 166(DCB 2nd at 161). Of course there was a little matter of 9500lbs weight difference...

Last edited by Catmando; 08-19-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Banned

Well for a big cat it doesn't get much better than this, check out the video;

www.nor-techboats.com

But talk about an awesome Poker Run V, check out the nine seat cockpit on this page;

http://nor-techboats.com/boats.php?id=1&type=vbo

John Arruda or Terry can that boat be rigged with turbines or is the engine room too short with the extra seating?