Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Registered
    My Boats:
    39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ

Ayon remember this 380LE?

I am flying over to Cali Wed to give it a visual inspection. Financing is all ready arranged, title is at the bank, transportation is pretty much arranged. I just have to give it a once over to see if there is something the guy isn't telling me. Says it has been sitting for over a year, Hasn't seen water in close to 2. Has a hurt engine. None of that is an issue for me. I am more interested in it's past history when it still raced and if anyone knew how many owners it had had since it was racing.

Anything it had done after racing or during it' career. I want to use it for poker runs away from home.

Any info would be great. I am excited about bringing it into the fleet. It will make a great big sister for the Magnum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    My Boats:
    1995 26' Corsa
    So you are the one who outbid me. I think that was the original Mab Paints boat. Raced in 1999 in Factory 2. Brett (Miccosukee) would know. Then John in Port Richey raced it in P2 class before selling to the guy in Cali. Boat is light and fast. I think they built the boat after watching us race our own 38 Superfast in F2 during the 1998 season. Our boat is still running in Belgium and actually raced P1 last year.

Trond and Nils built me a duplicate a couple of years ago. I stupidly sold it to a piece of $%@%@#$ overseas who ripped me off on the trade. But that is a story for a different day.

Still the 38 Superfast is my favorite boat of all time! You will absolutely love it. Enjoy...you bastard.

Registered
    My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    So you are the one who outbid me. I think that was the original Mab Paints boat. Raced in 1999 in Factory 2. Brett (Miccosukee) would know. Then John in Port Richey raced it in P2 class before selling to the guy in Cali. Boat is light and fast. I think they built the boat after watching us race our own 38 Superfast in F2 during the 1998 season. Our boat is still running in Belgium and actually raced P1 last year.

Trond and Nils built me a duplicate a couple of years ago. I stupidly sold it to a piece of $%@%@#$ overseas who ripped me off on the trade. But that is a story for a different day.

Still the 38 Superfast is my favorite boat of all time! You will absolutely love it. Enjoy...you bastard.
    It won't cost much to fix that engine these days, so I am hoping to have it back together pretty soon after I go look at it and make sure it is OK. It should make a good big sister to my Magnum.

Nor Tech told me that it ran 85 with those stock 500's in it. It should be a handful with the blowers.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1995 26' Corsa
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
    It won't cost much to fix that engine these days, so I am hoping to have it back together pretty soon after I go look at it and make sure it is OK. It should make a good big sister to my Magnum.

Nor Tech told me that it ran 85 with those stock 500's in it. It should be a handful with the blowers.
    Hmmmm. It should run closer to 90 with the stock 500's. We were running those speeds back when the only prop choice was 29" three blade Mirage Plus.

I understand it ran over 100 with the blowers and handled pretty well. PM Steve Miklos and he can give you John's number. John put the blowers on the boat.

Whatever you do, leave the drives on the transom. No boxes. My new 38 did not like the boxes and high X. You may have to drive it a little bit but it is a fun boat that will not bite you if you stay on top of it. Enjoy. Very cool boat.

Registered
    My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Hmmmm. It should run closer to 90 with the stock 500's. We were running those speeds back when the only prop choice was 29" three blade Mirage Plus.

I understand it ran over 100 with the blowers and handled pretty well. PM Steve Miklos and he can give you John's number. John put the blowers on the boat.

Whatever you do, leave the drives on the transom. No boxes. My new 38 did not like the boxes and high X. You may have to drive it a little bit but it is a fun boat that will not bite you if you stay on top of it. Enjoy. Very cool boat.
    Good info. I am really excited to add it to the fleet. I hope it has not deteriorated from sitting over the last year. I have a set of 520HP engines to put into it and a set of dry stellings while I fix the old engines.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2011 Spectre 36 CC, 2014 formula 37 PC
    I run high 80's all day with a full cabin and cockpit with my 525 & XR's. I love the boat. Hull is super fast and very stable at speeds. Lot's of luck with it.

Registered
    My Boats:
    I just realized that apparently I can't spell for chit.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1995 26' Corsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Carguy08 View Post
    I run high 80's all day with a full cabin and cockpit with my 525 & XR's. I love the boat. Hull is super fast and very stable at speeds. Lot's of luck with it.
    Which 38' do you have?? Pics please!

Registered
    My Boats:
    I cant post pics...Sorry.

Registered
    My Boats:
    I cant post pics.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast