Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nor-Tech
3600 Supercat >

3600 Supercat

Notices

3600 Supercat

Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick question? All the boats I have owned where "stand up" boats with drop down bolsters, how difficult is it to get accustomed to a "sit down" boat? Sitting lower in the boat would seem to change your vision while underway?
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 3600 supercat with Nortech power. There are many things you should be told that are not showing up in these threads. I would be happy to take the time to discuss with you the knowledge I have learned from my time as an owner. [email protected] or 903-235-2250
Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sitting down is a real nice way to go.... Once you go Cat you wont go back.....

Originally Posted by n20michael
Quick question? All the boats I have owned where "stand up" boats with drop down bolsters, how difficult is it to get accustomed to a "sit down" boat? Sitting lower in the boat would seem to change your vision while underway?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Sitting down is the only way to go!!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Sitting down on long poker runs is clearly the way too go.. and unlike Vee hulls, Cats ride ontop of the water so you dont have to brace yourself with standing up..... Looking through a windshield or Canopy does take some getting used to, however its well worth the money!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Sitting down on long poker runs is clearly the way too go.. and unlike Vee hulls, Cats ride ontop of the water so you dont have to brace yourself with standing up..... Looking through a windshield or Canopy does take some getting used to, however its well worth the money!
That would take some getting used to, my father has a larger Larson Cruiser and it drives me NUTS to try and drive it while looking through the windshield, luckily the windows "fold forward" so, I just open them when driving it, but, it might not be as bad in a cat because I wouldn't have a roof over my head, so, it might not feel as "enclosed"
Old 01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

The white NT is mine. I went from a stand up 28' V to this boat. It did not take any time getting used to a sit down. I prefer it much more then a stand up. I keep the windsheild very clean and do not have any visibility problems with it. I will take a variety of trades. Looking for a smaller cat since i moved upstate or cars. Specifically a 28 skater, 25 talon, or hemi cuda.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
The white NT is mine. I went from a stand up 28' V to this boat. It did not take any time getting used to a sit down. I prefer it much more then a stand up. I keep the windsheild very clean and do not have any visibility problems with it. I will take a variety of trades. Looking for a smaller cat since i moved upstate or cars. Specifically a 28 skater, 25 talon, or hemi cuda.
25 Talons dont have any wind protection? windshields? right????
Old 01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
25 Talons dont have any wind protection? windshields? right????
No they don't, but whats your point. Most small cats dont. They do have high back seats though, like the skater, which is more important.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

The 36 NT runs so flat that visibility is not a problem. If someone is severly vertically challanged, the seat could be raised for better visibility. My wife is 5'4" and does not have a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.