3600 Supercat

Notices

3600 Supercat

Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3600 Supercat

Hey Guys

I am currently just "sniffing" around at the idea of going from a V bottom to a bigger cat, I have always LOVED the lines of the supercat, but, have also considered a 36ft Spectre. I have never been out in either, and, I doubt I will until I actually purchase one. Could some of you Nortech owners give me some input? good and bad? what to look for, what not.

I am not in a position to cut a cheque for half a million, but, in the next little while would like to take advantage of the "buyers" market and find a nice, older, used Nortech. something with "mild power" [500/525's with XR's] if thats a factory combo? I would love 1075/#6's, but, its well beyond my budget.

Thanks for the input guys!
Michael
Old 01-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Anyone???
Old 01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by n20michael
Anyone???
NorTech 3600 supercats are typically, high dollar, very expensive "high end" bling cats..so finding something, newer in that price range, with mild HP maybe difficult.... I think i may have seen an older 3600 w/525s at fastboats.com recently so u can check that out... most of them have larger power w/ #6 drives and seem to be in the 200-300K range.. it seems like the majority of 3600s i see listed for sale, have larger HP and #6 drives,,, so good luck....

Spectre Cats, in my opinion dont seem to have the style, look, and bling of a Nortech, and I guess thats evident in the prices.... i was lookn and it does appear that the 32/36 Cats are quiet cheaper than Nortech and seem to have milder, more user friendly power,,, with bravo or IMCO drives....

again,, its my opinon opinon,,, but good luck..... Just keep in mind that running a Nortech 3600 takes alot of time/money to maintain,, especially in salt..... good luck..!!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never ridden in nor do I know anyone with an xr 36 so I can't tell you about that combo but I would take a Nor-Tech over a Spectre, hands down.

This rig has been for sale for a bit and I think the price is outdated. The owner is a member here on OSO.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/5660
Old 01-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it, I realize that the Nortech will be a serious chunk of coin, but, right now I am thinking it will be the boat I get AFTER I buy my next one [step up] I too have seen alot of Supercats with "big power", strangely, most of them where aftermarket power [big dollar blower motors] and usually #6 drives, I guess for MOST of the Nor Tech crowd "budget" isn't a real concern, LOL!

I would love to find one with "milder" power, preferably with "factory" power, 600 or 700Scs with NXT's would be REALLY nice!

Again guys, Thanks! I am just sniffing now, but, like most investments of this size, I like to research and get some input before "jumping in"

Thanks!
Michael

Any other input [good or bad] is MORE than welcome, post here or PM, Thanks again, in advance!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also just keep in mind that Merc racing 700sci w/ nxt drives is an extremely high priced option,, so even though your looking for reliable, factory power, the price of the 3600 cat with be higher bcuz the cost of the engines/drives is soo high,,, also keep in mind, that bcuz its a 36ft cat,,, it takes more HP to get it going, so thats why you see the Nortech 1150s, 1075sci mercs,,,, etc.....

Another thing,,, Nortechs are extreme boats,,, so if you have to ask "how much" something is,,,, its probably not a good option for you.... lol "just sayin" hahaha
Old 01-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
I've never ridden in nor do I know anyone with an xr 36 so I can't tell you about that combo but I would take a Nor-Tech over a Spectre, hands down.

This rig has been for sale for a bit and I think the price is outdated. The owner is a member here on OSO.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/5660
I swear I made your exact post the other day Neil with this boat as a recomendation for him as well... I must of not hit the submit button like I thought!! The owners screen name is "lostinboston" and he post on here, so he should see this.

Pat
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 AM
GK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I graduated from a 85 mph high end V hull to a 3600 Nor-Tech Super Cat and have been very satisfied. The Nor-Tech Super Cat is well engineered quality boat with a proven hull design that is fast with big power, we cruise at 100 mph. Plan big $ for insurance and you have to take a course to learn the correct techniques on driving a cat. It's the closest thing to owning a Ferrari on the water. Best of luck.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it, I realize that the Nortech will be a serious chunk of coin, but, right now I am thinking it will be the boat I get AFTER I buy my next one [step up] I too have seen alot of Supercats with "big power", strangely, most of them where aftermarket power [big dollar blower motors] and usually #6 drives, I guess for MOST of the Nor Tech crowd "budget" isn't a real concern, LOL!

I would love to find one with "milder" power, preferably with "factory" power, 600 or 700Scs with NXT's would be REALLY nice!

Again guys, Thanks! I am just sniffing now, but, like most investments of this size, I like to research and get some input before "jumping in"

Thanks!
Michael

Any other input [good or bad] is MORE than welcome, post here or PM, Thanks again, in advance!
I love the nor techs myself that's the way I'd go too!!! but if your looking at possibly getting a spectra, tres martin has one for sale that is a great buy IMO... go check it out. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37540-en.html
Old 01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys! I do appreciate it, the "white" Nortech is pretty much what I am looking for, it would be a gorgeous boat with a nice "wrap"

Thanks again!
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.