Nortech 36 vs 43 cat >

Nortech 36 vs 43 cat

Notices

Nortech 36 vs 43 cat

Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nortech 36 vs 43 cat

Ok guys. I am curious if I can get some feed back on the plus and minus of these two lengths if it used in bay and lake waters. Will the handling, loading, unloading and docking be much different? What about the resale. It seems the 43 cats stay on the market for longer, are they that much worse? I had my mind set on a 36, but the 43 "cat astophe" boat keeps getting my attention because of the price.

I am looking for some good advise because I have never been in a powerboat larger than a 36 and this will be my first cat by the way. What do yall think?
Old 10-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Speak to Catastrophe on here. I believe he was the original owner of the boat. He should be able to tell you all you need to know about it,.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Never ridden in a cat so can't speak specifically to cats, but my opinion on boat length is that you get real used to boats real fast. When I bought my Cafe it felt MASSIVE. by the end oft he first summer I would look at it and think how small it looks. Buy BIG - you'll get used to it fast..... Just my .02.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Never ridden in a cat so can't speak specifically to cats, but my opinion on boat length is that you get real used to boats real fast. When I bought my Cafe it felt MASSIVE. by the end oft he first summer I would look at it and think how small it looks. Buy BIG - you'll get used to it fast..... Just my .02.
Yup. What he said. ^^^
Old 10-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Yup. What he said. ^^^
True, then you can skip a year of having two-foot-itis
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

The problem with the big cats is the beam. You need a tilt trailer to get them down the road (legally). The 36 NT is a big cat, it is closer to 38+ ft if I recall correctly.

I believe some of the 43's had a hop issue, research it on here.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered

Yes... I agree with getting used to size quick, but what do you guys think about the resale factor? The 4300 sure seem to outlast the 3600 for time on the market. I just don't want to get into something that is hard to sell when I'm ready to get out of it.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dayton1
Yes... I agree with getting used to size quick, but what do you guys think about the resale factor? The 4300 sure seem to outlast the 3600 for time on the market. I just don't want to get into something that is hard to sell when I'm ready to get out of it.
Doesn't matter what it is. If it is ugly or over priced it will sit on the market.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 3,017 Likes on 987 Posts

I've been in both a 36 and a 43 NT cat. I think the 43's sit longer because of their size. They are BIG wave crushers! I've been on a 48 MTI as well and my buddies 43 NT cat actually feels bigger. It's a lot Of boat. I'd liken it to a corvette vs a cadi. 36 is more nimble, easier to tow, easier to dock easier to deal with over all. Both are great boats.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
I've been in both a 36 and a 43 NT cat. I think the 43's sit longer because of their size. They are BIG wave crushers! I've been on a 48 MTI as well and my buddies 43 NT cat actually feels bigger. It's a lot Of boat. I'd liken it to a corvette vs a cadi. 36 is more nimble, easier to tow, easier to dock easier to deal with over all. Both are great boats.
Hmm...Thanks for your thoughts. That is what Im looking for. Although the 43 may be cheaper, I dont want to be stuck with the boat or find that it is too big a PIA and never want to take it to the water considering this will be my only boat.

Wow...I have never gone back and forth on a decision like this in my life!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.