Water Testing Tomorrow >

Water Testing Tomorrow

Notices

Water Testing Tomorrow

Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian41
Much more fun today... the gas we bought the day before was full of water. New problem is we run out of water pressure at about 40 MPH (drive height)
but did not realize it until over 80.....its going to be fun when we get the bugs out of it.

Another problem at this point is no drive/trim indicators, we were suppose to have them awhile ago but Lavorsi is a little behind with their 3rd ship date not happening again today.
Brian,

I'm assuming you're talking about water pressure from the drive pickups as I see no add-on pickups. If so, Eddie Young had a similar problem with Eric Seeley's Fountain that had SCX's and a very aggressive X. They had to modify the pickup opening to get the water they needed. You probably are aware of this, but if you have questions, I'm sure they could tell you what worked for them. Good luck with your project!!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We decided to go with transom mounted pick-ups because if the SCX's do not hold up this will become a #6 boat.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The previous drives had a 1/2" spacer. Not having a notch it great for handeling, but it scrubs speed and kills props. Try to get more setback if possible (different boxes or stacked). I think the previous x-dim was about 1-1/2" but still had high slip. What props are on it?
Try 16" props spinning in. It liked a little cup so I'm not sure how it will act with 6 props.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Banned

The props are Hering 16.5" 36 pitch with 18 rake. We got it up to 80 mph at 4000 RPM's a couple of times before heat became a issue and it seemed to be running flat to bow down. At this point we still do not have drive or tab indicators so it does make it a little harder to trim.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Fastboats Marine Group
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 36 Nortech set up

When it comes to 36 Nortechs I can certainly assist you with set up. I have built well over 50 of them with drives ranging from Bravo XR /#6 /Nxt and even Arnesson set up 36 Ntechs.
Give me a call or drop me a email and I would be happy to give you some assistance. I also have a huge selection of props for testing.
Randy Sweers. 954-214-6038
[email protected]
Old 07-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Brian,
Nice Boat! Sorry about your issues,......sure you will get them sorted soon.

Switching gears here,.. Your Swim Platform.

Never noticed or saw anything like it, in regards the frame work on the under side
running the width of the boat?

Guessing it is extra support due to a longer swim platform on a Cat VS a V-Bottom?

Thanks
Jon
Old 07-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Banned

Put external water pickups on and ran 109 mph today when the starboard side hose blew off the pickup. Water pressure to high on that side need to shorten pickups.

Looks like the mechanical indicators shipped friday...that will make trimming much easier.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Banned

Update...Water pressure issues are taken care of, tab and drive indicators are installed and we change to props back to turn out as suggested. We have put on 342 miles in 2 days and this is what we have fold, the boat likes to run 85-90 mph and feels very safe at these speeds with good handling without much effort. When you take it up to the 95-100 mph things change fast, it becomes a hand full to drive and it feels like it grabs a sponson ( I relate it to my skiIng days of grabbing an edge) which turns the boat in 1 direction or the other that you can not control or get out of with the steering. I think it grabbed the starboard side more often than port and you would have to pull back on the throttles and start over but it will repeat this time after time. We could eliminate this by adding more positive trim but that would result in more RPM, higher rooster and not much more speed. It did do this with props turning in also so thats not the answer.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

two possible fixes...

.1. more bowlift

2. a bunch of fat chicks in the back seat to reduce stern lift.

In the long run, different props are probably cheaper than the fat chicks grocery bills....
Old 09-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nor tech 3600

Originally Posted by flboater
When it comes to 36 Nortechs I can certainly assist you with set up. I have built well over 50 of them with drives ranging from Bravo XR /#6 /Nxt and even Arnesson set up 36 Ntechs.
Give me a call or drop me a email and I would be happy to give you some assistance. I also have a huge selection of props for testing.
Randy Sweers. 954-214-6038
[email protected]
Hi randy, saw this post and wondered if I could get a bit of help. Can I call you? I have a 3600 and getting info from nor tech is impossible. I've only owned it a year. Thanks. It's the Frisco Cat, 1000 Gellners and ASD 7's. could really use some prop info too. Thanks.

[email protected]

Craig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.